Cultivated Reef

Help removing IM 25 Lagoon Floss Holders

NewbReefer316

NewbReefer316

Installed a couple of the floss holders and went to remove them so I could give the tank and equipment a good cleaning. Is there a trick to getting them out? I could barely get those things to budge!

Maybe pressed down to far when installing on the baffle, or scum secured them down. Never hear of this in the past. Wiggle while pulling up?

If you are looking at the BACKSIDE of the overflow grates, where the water goes from the display area of the tank to the back filtration area, you will notice a small piece of clear acrylic (right under the overflow grates). The inTank baskets can get wedged under them making it impossible to pull them upwards. Push the inTank basket BACK towards the back panel of the tank. This will remove it from under the clear piece of acrylic and will allow you to pull it out :).

NewbReefer316

Thanks, I think it's a mixture of both scum or some type of build up between the basket and the wall and the acrylic lip getting in the way. I tried pushing the basket back towards the rear of the tank earlier. I'll get some dental floss tomorrow and try to run it up the side of the basket to break it loose.

Archived