Top Shelf Aquatics

Clownfish scared after change to LED light

nesmit

I have a 20G tall reef, with two ocellaris clownfish, setup has been essentially unchanged for a few years. I recently changed from t5 lights sitting on the glass cover to a Maxspect razor nano LED light. I have it set to only 40% for daylight. I've had the LEDs for a couple weeks, and the clownfish seem reluctant to come out from under cover of the rocks. When I try to feed them, they don't want to come to the top of the tank, they will only eat when food falls down to them. Before they were happy to swim up at the top and grab food. Even turning the light off for feeding they still seem scared. Is it because of the object hanging over the water? Should I give them more time to get accustomed to the new light? I'm mostly worried because they are not eating as much.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

they will be fine, eventually. i have my radions set on 80% and have two 15's over 12 gallons of water. they can handle bright light. just need to get accustomed to it.

are your corals ok as well? not bleaching?

I have not seen this behaviour. I have seen skittish behaviour but usually after a few days all is well.

I have an Ai Prime set at 75%, its bright and no issues.

Archived