Top Shelf Aquatics

Testing Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner: 1 Week Update

HarryPotter

Here I will document the progress of using Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner on my Red Sea Reefer 350.

http://www.uwcmn.com/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner

Product description (Shortened):

For years people have always asked us how we keep our aquariums so nice and clean. The answer was a simple response, we use our own homemade liquid aquarium cleaner. The next question would always be, do you sell it? The answer from us was always, no, it is for our use only.

Vibrant is a new revolutionary liquid aquarium cleaner. You can say goodbye to algae, cloudy water and that grungy, dirty aquarium and say hello to that sparkling, crystal clear, algae free, vibrant aquarium you have always wanted!

Vibrant is safe with all fish, corals and invertebrates.

Vibrant Dosing Instructions -

• For a very well taken care of, clean aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once every 2 weeks.
  • For a dirtier aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once per week.
  • If you are battling Bryopsis or Turf algae, dose 1ml of Vibrant two times per week.
  • There is no need to discontinue the use of any filtration while using Vibrant."

Here was my tank a few months ago (DSLR better photo).
IMG_0540_zpsjy3vu0ya.jpg
And here it is now. Was very hesitant to post these photos, you know how proud I am of my tank and its just not going great. Algae algae algae, seems like some acros aren't doing as well either. Feeding has been cut back to a cube every other day in an attempt to starve out the algae, but that doesn't work either.
IMG_1765%202_zpsuz22stfa.jpgIMG_6648_zpsn8sdni1h.jpg
IMG_6275_zps5grzgdqu.jpg
IMG_1809_zps3aegen4c.jpg
IMG_5775_zpshqpfqrlj.jpg

I am trying a produce called Vibrant which has interesting reviews on R2R, first dose was yesterday. Because I think this is a "dirtier tank", I used 10ml of Vibrant and will do my next dose on Friday.
I created this thread to provide photos to show the effect of Vibrant, as well as to perhaps have tips to help me bring it back to its former "clean" state.

I did receive the bottle of Vibrant for testing and my review, but believe me that will not influence the algae development :wacko:

*Post has been edited to add more photos and information.

Here is another NR member reviewing this product

I will update this thread this weekend

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marc.The.Shark

Here's hoping it works for you Harry & brings that beautiful tank back to the way it was. There seems to have been some early successes from the R2R thread. Interested to see how it works for you. Say some magic words, then pour it in!

I'm using it on my SPS reef as well for bryopsis which will be documented in my build thread, good luck to you Harry! I'll follow along to see how it works for you. :)

Looking forward to your review.

Thank you for taking the time to do the review.

Good luck, in no time your tank will be back to where it was. its still a beautiful tank.

Here's hoping it works for you Harry & brings that beautiful tank back to the way it was. There seems to have been some early successes from the R2R thread. Interested to see how it works for you. Say some magic words, then pour it in!

Thanks! Yep... seems like BS from the advertising but some reviews seem good

Good luck Harry!

Do you have any bubble algae in your tank?

Yep! I got em all ? @LegendaryAlgae

Good luck with the tank! How do you know if this works and its not because you spent all dat scrubbing the rocks and cleaning all your equipments???

I won't lol. Never said this was 10000% scientific

Thanks! Yep... seems like BS from the advertising but some reviews seem good

Yep! I got em all @LegendaryAlgae

I won't lol. Never said this was 10000% scientific

Legendary Algae :lol:

Check out these YouTube videos. I think there are about 21 or so.

Here is the first one:

Barry

That's a good example of how this product does not work. :)Not bashing this you tuber but it's always the same ... sorry for the lack of updates, 4 months later very happy, tanks is doing well, no videos between day 2 and day 100+.

Woops, there are more videos, for some reason it skipped from 2 to June. Sorry about that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2KenKLlQDg98J1c1CMdxw/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Those videos show some promising results.

I'm curious, if you were to does and also actively clean your rocks, if you could get faster/better results.

Have you started dosing yet? How is it going?

I dosed 10ml on Friday. Then did a 20% water change saturday, so added 2ml more. The next dose goes in Friday, when ill really look for a difference.

Well...if u r doing a paid review for a product, it should at least be a little scientific...hahah. But as long as something works, its allll gooood.

Its not a paid review. They posted on R2R that anyone who wanted to try could send them for cost of S&H

Those videos show some promising results.

I'm curious, if you were to does and also actively clean your rocks, if you could get faster/better results.

I disagree. Those videos show what happens when you slowly start reducing PO4 and NO3 with bacteria and carbon dosing. It's crazy that this guy is making money off this. :) He even admits there is vinegar in it.

Here's the magic.

When you start dosing something on a regular basis you are paying attention to the tank, paying attention t how much you are feeding, and inadvertently fixing many of the issue that caused the problem in the first place. Add to that a product that can reduce NO3 and PO4 and you've got a miracle cure. Unfortunately he makes claims that go way beyond a simple bacteria dosing product.

The closest product I can think of similar to this is NP Bacto Balance http://www.tropic-marin-smartinfo.com/en/control/np-bacto-balance.htmlbut it comes as two products. With Vibrant the vinegar will kill any bacteria, at least that is my understanding, so anything left inside is just food for the vinegar.

Archived