SaltCritters.com

Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner

Sancho

I came here to see what all the hype is about. So far, I just see a bunch of chatter. I am dissapoint.

Also, I'm pretty sure Paul b has the oldest tank on N-R, by about 20 years.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's just for lazy reefers.

Hair algae is a pain in the ass!

I'm really diligent with my maintenance, low bioload, low feedings...i still got it on my sandbed. I vacuum it weekly and always have.

I've done a lot to try to get rid of it.

Upped my waterchanges and percentage while removing a portion of sand, lowered the white lights, change floss every other day, added phosguard, and manually remove it every day from the sand.

So if there is a product that is safe and effective which can help someone who has done everything already, thats great.

This product is getting a lot of positive feedback.

I don't think it should replace the work we should do for our tanks but it can help those who have been struggling.

So since 11/3 I have really seen no visible decrease in GHA. Removed as much manually as I could last night. I did notice some came off a bit easier. Didn't have quite the foothold on the rock and bigger chunks would come off in one piece. I filled about 3/4 cup with algae. Will see if any new algae takes off this week.
FTS
1A275C4E-96FC-41E3-9253-5C4CB32BDA8D_zps

Reference shot
C86910C8-370B-445D-9BA1-EF0996250162_zps

Here are the micro bubbles coming off the rock

Doh. well there goes the experiment. I wanted to see what it would do with no intervention.

no further intervention. i left a few spots right next to a spot cleaned with a toothbrush I wanted to see if it grows back on the scrubbed rock and if the giant patch next to it recedes

This needs more updates

i agree

No progress still have hair algae. I scrubbed the the rock last week and algae has taken hold :(

2nd dose yesterday

FTS

EB4F6E65-FED4-44F5-B55E-515DFC0B9EC4_zps

Reference shot

C489B3D4-8564-438E-9E23-93A6DFEBD90F_zps

I dunno, I started dosing a week ago, crap on my sand bed(cyano and hair algae). CUC is still alive,. I dunno, ! but shit on the sandbbed seems less and rocks look like they're moving in the positive directions on... who knows? I'm a bit inebriated right now!!! :D

It's Saturday so don't judge... ;). I'll try to update as I move along!

I dunno, I started dosing a week ago, crap on my sand bed(cyano and hair algae). CUC is still alive,. I dunno, ! but shit on the sandbbed seems less and rocks look like they're moving in the positive directions on... who knows? I'm a bit inebriated right now!!! :D

i haven't scraped the glass in a week...but where I completely removed GHA last week it has come back with a vengeance. Still maintaining mymaintenance schedule. Still not seen lighting in a bottle

Good for you on the inebriated part :lol:

Doing almost full WC tonight. Taking my UV sterilizer offline and scrubbing the rock again. I'm so over this GHA I've fought and won this battle a few times in the past..this shit just won't go away. I am on top of my maintenance, using 0tds water, feed only 3 times a week. Water test are all good. It's only growing on the rock, that leads me to believe the rock is leaching phosphates. I really had high hopes that this would work.

Anybody know how to combat old tank syndrome? What's the best way to deal with rock that may be leaching nasty stuff?

Doing almost full WC tonight. Taking my UV sterilizer offline and scrubbing the rock again. I'm so over this GHA I've fought and won this battle a few times in the past..this shit just won't go away. I am on top of my maintenance, using 0tds water, feed only 3 times a week. Water test are all good. It's only growing on the rock, that leads me to believe the rock is leaching phosphates. I really had high hopes that this would work.

Anybody know how to combat old tank syndrome? What's the best way to deal with rock that may be leaching nasty stuff?

Take it out and acid dip.

Put it back in.

Mikeymikemike

Doing almost full WC tonight. Taking my UV sterilizer offline and scrubbing the rock again. I'm so over this GHA I've fought and won this battle a few times in the past..

One thing to note is that your UV steriliser may actually be killing the bacteria cultures in the product. While UV may have an effect on algae spores, the spores are not present in your water. at this stage i would consider doing it the safer way which is removing your rock or removing your corals and treating your tank or rocks with h2o2. The product of it will just be oxygen and water so you will be safer with that than acid.

I just got done using Fuana Marin's DinoX this wekend. Ii managed to wipe out my dinos, but an added benefit was it almost completely killed off my algae issues as well.

Might be worth a look before you acid dip your rock...

One thing to note is that your UV steriliser may actually be killing the bacteria cultures in the product. While UV may have an effect on algae spores, the spores are not present in your water. at this stage i would consider doing it the safer way which is removing your rock or removing your corals and treating your tank or rocks with h2o2. The product of it will just be oxygen and water so you will be safer with that than acid.

UV sterilizer was added to fight the dinos I had issues with. I dosed 35% h202 in conjunction with the sterilizer. Dino's now gone. Tank looked great for awhile now this. I just hate pulling it apart.

Archived