Top Shelf Aquatics

Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner

Sancho

So I bought into the hype on R2R. After a month or so of battling GHA in my 34 I figured what the hell. It was difficult to order as I found it to be sold out or selling on Ebay with a hefty mark up. I was able to get a bottle from Fragtastic Reef. The owner of Fragtastic Reef called me within 30 seconds of me placing my order. He was wondering WTF why is this stuff so popular. Apparently the demand for this stuff caused some issues with his website. I pointed him to the R2R thread and he was blown away by the responses .

Some history about my tank. i have a 34 gallon Solana that is 10+ years old the sand bed has been swapped out once during that time but the rock is the original rock I purchased 10+ years ago. I have had a couple Dino outbreaks but for the most part this tank has been pretty much problem free. A few months ago I noticed a small bit of GHA. I pulled it off the rock added some Phospho Guard and some more snails. Within a 48 hour period I lost all the algae eating critters. RIP Mr. Blue Ball,,,,basically anything that grazed on the algae died. I have noticed a steady stream of bubbles emanating from the rock. The honest to god weird thing is that my GBTA got its bubbles back when this bullshit started.

I will update this thread this weekend

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marc.The.Shark

Yeah, I've been keeping up with that thread too. Pretty hefty claims, but seems like some people are having a little early success. I don't have any algae issues, just that bacterial white slime issue I have been dealing with. Don't know how effective it would be on that, although I have the battle mostly won, unless I get a resurgence. Worst case scenario as I see it is you add maybe some different bacterial strains to the tank by dosing it. If it truly does what it says, you better believe some big names will have it under the microscope soon, if not already, trying to figure out the bacterial mix. Good luck with it Sancho, I hope it works.

Same here!

Hey Sancho if I do a 20g water change should I add 2ml :wacko: or just wait till next dose

I think the thread said maintain your regular schedule, so if that's part of your schedule then no? :P

50% water change done 11/3

Water params

• ammonia-0
  • nitrate-0
  • nitrite-0
  • ph-8.0
  • phosphate-not detectable
  • calcium-400
  • alkalinity-8.4
  • magnesium-1200
  • temp-79◦

First dose 3ml 11/3 FTS

IMG_0864_zps4dcfsjas.jpg

This will be my reference shot

IMG_0865_zpsglqejm2u.jpg

Same here!

Hey Sancho if I do a 20g water change should I add 2ml :wacko: or just wait till next dose

im not changing anything. I will dose based on the dirty tank instructions.

:huh:

:P

im not changing anything. I will dose based on the dirty tank instructions.

:P

What is this miracle potion for lazy ass reefers :lol: ?

I bet Jack bought stock in the company!

What is this miracle potion for lazy ass reefers :lol: ?

I bet Jack bought stock in the company!

I have spent many nights with my toothbrush scrubbing the rocks and removing this shit......I have added UV sterilizer ran a phosban reactor, phosguard, added all kinds of snails, crabs and urchins, and I am doing weekly water changes. Lets see some pics of your 10+ year old tank :P I hope this stuff works for a moderately lazy reefer

What is this miracle potion for lazy ass reefers :lol: ? I bet Jack bought stock in the company!

My first crate delivers Monday!

If only it came with someone to dose the shit.....

I have spent many nights with my toothbrush scrubbing the rocks and removing this shit......I have added UV sterilizer ran a phosban reactor, phosguard, added all kinds of snails, crabs and urchins, and I am doing weekly water changes. Lets see some pics of your 10+ year old tank :P I hope this stuff works for a moderately lazy reefer

Brandon has the oldest tank on NR and he doesn't use it.

Archived