Cultivated Reef

You'll be reading about this algae additive in the blogs soon

brandon429

http://reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

so, there's that. im no purveyor of snake oil and am a natural skeptic

when we started hammering tanks with peroxide it was sure to kill everything...pods, corals it touched, and most certainly the bacteria, it was a snake oil. FF 7 yrs and 1000 tanks fixed and none of that played out

we know peroxide has limitations...it'll darn near for sure kill your lysmata shrimp and sensitive refugium macros...but this stuff is on the same wave train, its user feedback driven.

doesn't matter if theyre making a million bucks off this post wave, its the follow up pics w less algae worth looking into, look at its massive momentum and they're claiming to beat every known tank invader including bad strain dinos of 1:10 dose

discuss

• Like 2

Gee, almost seems to good to be true.

So far it looks the same as every other miracle cure. People order it, start using it, and few followups. I see posts from newer users attesting to how well it works but again, missing visual proof. I know Josh here is using it so we should find out soon, I would hope.

It has vinegar and bacteria in it, which is nothing new at all. Most of us dosed them separately to lower PO4 and NO3.

Call me a pretty big skeptic, but I do hope it works for people.

http://reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

so, there's that. im no purveyor of snake oil and am a natural skeptic

• Like 4

I'm guilty of ordering some. GHA is out of control in my 34. I've done all the traditional ways to rid the tank of it. I can't figure it out. Mine should be here in the next couple days I will post my results. Hopefully it works on old tank syndrome pretty sure my live rock is leaching phosphates.

• Like 4

I'm guilty of ordering some. GHA is out of control in my 34. I've done all the traditional ways to rid the tank of it. I can't figure it out. Mine should be here in the next couple days I will post my results. Hopefully it works on old tank syndrome pretty sure my live rock is leaching phosphates.

definitely keep us posted!

PhosphateRx, one drop a day, done. :)

Foxface and Tangs might help ... a lot.

I agree with your thoughts earlier Mark, sure sounds like stuff we've heard before and doesn't seem any different from anything we've used before.

But if I see pictures, or hear from trusted people here on N-R that it really made a big difference compared to the things we already know how to use, I'd be willing to try it. Especially with the GHA outbreak in my 10g.

If only I could cram a foxface or a tang into my 10g. Maybe I can rent a baby tang :lol:

• Like 1

You know what pressed me to post it was the feedback level of the owner/seller on that thread. They're putting a -lot- of store credibility on the line with those claims

he writes well and the last thing I remember with this much momentum was the aqualyzer 03

user testimonies drove it away, each poster is thinking with the same skepticism. they either bleach the bryopsis or they don't imo

im sooo skeptical of it but the posts are piquing

there was just something about the customer testimonies that made it worth looking into. Ill still scrape algae out of my tank, not rely on water dosers, act fast act thorough and win.

But for large tankers, if they can get algae kills, dinos (wow) and low to no collateral loss we're at least looking at something in the same ballpark as the big three methods of algae care running today

it wouldn't even concern me greatly if someones starfish died from a minor stasis change, if they can get dinos to subside, where bleach fails to rid them in some cases, using a probiotic, then im wowed.

not deniable fact:

just these two web posts alone will garner him enough cash to buy a mcfly edition Toyota w good stereo, jealous. if he is able to extract straight cash out of two web threads, defending his product, that's a wow. someone w do an article on this in the blogs soon bet

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

Yeah, I'm with you on that Brandon. Been following the thread on R2R and the guy is really active answering questions and such. Pretty hefty all around claims on the product, but interested to see what the outcomes are. I'm with Markalot on wanting some feedback from known users. Although I have no algae in my newly setup tank, I have been battling a white slime bacterial outbreak. Pretty much got it licked, but no claims to rid this from them. At the price point they're selling it, don't see it as overly expensive & probably cheap if it does what it says. I'll be following & if it does work as advertised, you better believe you'll see copies pop up soon. I'm sure there are some big names with the microscope out already looking at the bacterial strains.

• Like 3

There are plenty of bottled bacteria products out there, what makes theirs so special? Based on the ingredients it's no different from something like TLC SmartStart Complete sans the vinegar maybe.

Reefist the only specialty is the customer testimonies

nobody is fixing bryopsis and valonia and dinos with prodibio (biodigestor)

if its bac they're harnessing, im amazed. the ingredients look inert

• Like 1

Sounds interesting.

I am very skeptical as well because a lot of products claim to work but with how much success rates from users?

I have a bit of HA on substrate and have done all the correct steps but it comes back. its lowered in proportion but not gone.

Haven't attempted to use a product though.

UCW is setting the bar so high with claims, and apparently initial kills confirmed, who wouldn't want to ride this wave. the best thing we have to stop invasions is surgically scoring the rock, hard external work and 0% of people above a pico reef in size want to do that. if a water doser pulls it off then they'll have the best doser of the year. the sustain not the kill is how we should evaluate it, lots of dosers can get initial dieback of algae...peroxide and tech m for example. but vibrant is claiming to be free of sensitives, doesn't kill shrimp etc and that's a step up

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

I read the latest posts on the thread and caved in. Just ordered a bottle to try to take care of the gha in my 10g tank.

I will take pictures!

Lol. What was that about 48hrs or so you were able to hold out?! Hahaha. It does look convincing tho. For twenty bucks what the hell!!
  • Like 1