Innovative Marine Aquariums

Devils's 34G Rimless Mixed Reef v3.0

devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate

After many tank crashes due to equipment failure and neglect I took a bit of a break. Ive decided to come back and get this tank rolling again.

FTS

OkYvaCX.jpg?1

djHlGHi.jpg?1

TANK

Deep Blue shallow 34G rimless RR

LIGHTING

nano box quad

FLOW

Gyre xf130

PROTEIN SKIMMER/FILTRATION/REACTORS

Eshopps s-150

BRS dual reactor w/ carbon & GFO

• Like 5
devilsadvocate

Nice start and like the aquascape!

Thanks!

Still planning fish atm. I'm thinking a pair of black ice clowns and goby pistol shrimp combo.

• Like 1
devilsadvocate

Picked up an ato resovior and some live rock to seed the rock I've got now.

Tank is cycling nicely and should be ready just in time for black Friday sales!

devilsadvocate

Following along, nice scape! How wide is your tank?

How do you like the nanobox?

Its the same footprint as a 40 breeder just shorter. 36''x18''

The nano box is nice. Took entirely too long for me to fingure out how to use the blue fish software but other than that I'm happy.

Good to have you back. I don't think I've seen people here with long fin clowns, so that's cool. Looks like a burnt flag.

Those are some fancy LEDs you got there, what are your plans for coral?

devilsadvocate

Planing sps on one side and frogspawn/torch on the other with a zoa garden somewhere and acans on the sand bed. Maybe some clams. But clams and sps won't be for a couple of months.

The tank is starting to show diatoms. So that's good.

devilsadvocate

Digging the aquascape. Looks good! Welcome back.

Thanks! It's good to be back at it again.

Bruh....... those wires.

It's a work in progress. Haha

nmQMscO.jpg

• Like 1
devilsadvocate

12 days into the cycle. ammonia has dropped down to ~.5ppm, nitrites have gone up to ~4ppm and nitrates have gone up to ~90ppm

tomorrow ill be adding an elbow to the intake as its too low and is making way to much noise. I'm hoping this will quiet it down a bit as the water wont have to fall as far into the overflow.

devilsadvocate

Nice start, have you thought about hiding the controllers to the side for a cleaner look?

Like ya... What Mike said

nah. I like them out like that. :wizard:

devilsadvocate

Going through about 3/4 of a gallon of ro/di a day in topoff. I don't remember it being so much. Being that the house is at 69 degress it seems a bit much. Thoughts?

It looks like there is a lot of surface movement of water and being that your tank has a fair amount of surface area at the top of the tank might be why the evaporation is so much. Is it possible to reduce the surface movement just a bit without kicking up the sandbed by readjusting the returns?

I quieted my drain in the sump by using a reverse durso. I only had a single standpipe so my options were limited. I also made a hoffergurgle buster. I don't know if these are viable options for you or not?

I love your scape, BTW.

devilsadvocate

I bought a cadlights 8 gallon aio. It was only 99 dollars shipped so I couldn't pass it up. This tank will be going in my room. I'll also be getting a nano box ride for this tank.