ReefCleaners.org

Oceanbox Designs

jojopus

Just wanted to add some feedback for Phuong over at Oceanbox Designs.

I ordered a custom 6 gallon corner style AIO tank. Below are the specs from his site:

• Tank Dimensions: 18Lx10Wx8H
  • AIO on the back-right corner
  • AIO dimensions: 9Lx3Wx7-5/8H
  • Outflow nozzle to the side
  • 1 Media rack
  • 3/8″ Cast Acrylic
  • Black bottom, back
  • Clear front, sides
  • Lead Time: 5-6 weeks

Quality of work: definitely a 10 out of 10 on this one. It is obvious that this young man takes pride in his work and strives to produce a top notch product. Not only are the inhabitants of the tank beautiful but the tank itself is like a work of art in and of itself. I have gotten several nice comments on the workmanship from visitors.

Communication: 10 out of 10. There were a lot of emails exchanged from the time I placed my order to the time he began my build. He definitely wanted be sure what he was going to build was what I had envisioned and it showed. We must have exchanged 20 emails easily.

Time to Delivery: I will have to go with a 8 out of 10. I ordered the tank on July 6th and received the finished product on October 14th. the original lead time of 5-7 weeks was quite a bit off. It was obvious that Phuong was well aware of this and he actually added second media rack in the overflow for me at no charge. This made it obvious to me that Phuong was the type of business owner that will try to remedy a situation when a customer is unsatisfied with the way things are going. Funny thing is... I never even complained. That simple gesture instantly let me know he was the kind of person I would do business with again if I ever need any more acrylics.

In short I am more than happy with the product he provided me with and would definitely recommend him to anyone else looking for some nice custom acrylic work.

Here is a link to my build thread. There are more pictures of the new tank on page 2.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/372867-25-gal-guppy-breeder-pico/

IMG_20161018_181120_zpsi7rkd4h6.jpg

Oceanbox Designs

Thanks for the great write up and feedback Joel! I really appreciate your time and I'm extremely happy that you like your new custom AIO pico reef. Glad to see the cut out for the Nanobox light fits perfectly, that was the hardest part cutting out the slot on the bracing and I was concerned with the most since I didn't have the light on hand to test fit. I also shorten the length of the AIO (despite what we agreed on) so the light is close to center, if the AIO wall was 9" long the light will be too far off-center and won't be aesthetic. Sometime there is unforeseen situation especially when it comes to a custom build but it is only for the best for any changes that I've made. Can't wait to see more of your tank!

Archived