Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jebao powerheads

Clown79

I am thinking of changing powerheads. I want something smaller in my tank and with cooler options:)

Christmas is coming so maybe Santa(hubby) will get me one... maybe 2

I just saw Jebao has a new nano version the size of a golf ball.

Sw-2.

Anyone use this model yet or have any recommendations on jebao.

Considering this for my 15g standard and possibly my 10g IM

• Like 1

Also interested in any first hand experience with these, been eyeing that new SW-2 very closely as well.

I do know with Jebao/Jecod that QC can be an issue, so some people will have zero problems for years, others have problems within months. My DCS7000 return in the 65g has been in use for about five months without issue.

I can't attest to the sw2. But after looking it up it looks to be about half the size of the rw4 that I have. I love my pump now, but I did have to reduce the voltage to get it to where I like it. I think the sw2 would almost be perfect for the IM10!

Wp10 is about right for a 20L. Sw2 seems like a good reduction. Don't know how long they have been selling them, but I thought it was too new for real feedback.

Thats the issue I'm having. Its fairly new so not much out there for reviews.

I think the other jebao's may be too powerful for either tank and its such a waste to run it on the lowest setting.

I have seen issues with qc, some love them and some hsve had nothing but issues.

Spending close to $200 cdn, I want it to last longer thsn a yr. Lol.

I'd love the ecotechs but I can't afford them :(

I can't attest to the sw2. But after looking it up it looks to be about half the size of the rw4 that I have. I love my pump now, but I did have to reduce the voltage to get it to where I like it. I think the sw2 would almost be perfect for the IM10!

Half the size of the RW-4? I can't imagine that being the case... Can someone post an RW-4 vs. SW-4 size comparison photo?

Okay according to fish-street the RW-4 is Size : 7.5cm x 5cm x 5.5cm and the SW-2 is Size : 6.5cm x 4cm x 4.5cm So a little smaller. The flow rate for the RW is 500-4000 Lph and the SW-2 is 500-2500 Lph. Both are 24v so you could get a 12v power supply and reduce the flow further.

I've had decent luck with Jebao products. I got a DCT-4000 return pump and an RW-8 at the same time September 2015. The return pump is still working great. The RW-8 died after about 6 months. I didn't want to but ultimately I ended up buying another RW-8 because I really like the features, it's quiet, and I'm super cheap. I just can't afford a Vortech or anything so it was either a cheaper DC pump or stick with cheaper Koralias and the like (which btw work just fine - just wanted to try something new).

Remember that none of the major pump manufacturers are completely without issue... Even Vortech's have problems. So whichever pump you get just make sure it has a warranty period.

• Like 1

I use the rw4s in my tank (2 in a 66). I haven't used the nano version but I like the rw4s. The functions are great and they're easy to sync up. They move some water!

Thank you so much for all the responses! They helped me mske my mind up. I think I will get a jebao for my 15g.

Debating on the tunze nanostream or another jebao for my 10g im.

What I like about the jebao nano is that the gph is 132 - 600, so that gives me quite a bit to work with. I like the options available. Or maybe the model up.

Like you Ajmckay, I'm a bit cheap lol but I simply also can't afford $300 for water movement. I wish!

I currently use a sicce which works great but I wanted to get something i can control. I like the wavemakers and its a great price at $79.

I know none of them are perfect, I've seen complaints on the ecotechs.

I didn't know you could change the power supply!

Are these fairly easy to use, I'm not a tech savvy person.

• Like 1

They are very simple to operate.

I opted to go with a 12v power supply to further reduce the output of my rw-4.

one thing to mention, is that the jebaos can be made compatible with the neptune apex units, so if you are looking for control-ability, and later would like to add an apex, then they might be worth it. Also other pumps can be made to work, but again most cost much more.

• Like 1

I like my jebao stuff. I have a first gen wp that's been running strong for almost 7 years. I have also had a couple fail over the same period. Fishstreet does offer a no questions asked year warranty the bad thing is that you have to pay the shipping and wait a week or so to get it from China. Amazon is now offering a protection plan for up to 3 years on some jebao stuff. It's probably worth the extra $6-$10 for 3 years worth of piece of mind. I also recommend the apex adapter or aqualink. Both options give you way more control

Its says it comes with a controller but then i hear ppl using an apex, which confused me?

the stock controller is pretty basic 8 to 10 speeds a few modes and a knob for pulse time. The apex module or the aqua link are way better. I run both

Yeah the only options are direct from china and play the DOA lottery, or reefsupplies. At least Ray warranties these for a year and has great CS should something go south.

Probably put my order in today for them with him too. Good luck with yours!