Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Microbater7 ?

joey13254

I did a waterchange today and added a cap full and to my tank (29 gallon) and my skimmer has been overflowing since. I waited the 4 hrs to plug my skimmer back in like the directions said. At this rate I'm going to have an empty tank very soon. What should I do?

Just turn the skimmer down. I dose that stuff all the time but have no issues with my skimmer over flowing. I don't even turn the skimmer off.

I was just cycling my 100 and dumped half a bottle in and the skimmer did nothing.

Whenever my skimmers go nuts, it's always temporary. However, I've had a small HOB skimmer pull out more than a gallon of saltwater before it got back to normal. Just keep emptying it, it will stop. And top off with saltwater (as skimmate contains salt).

Yeah what both spectra and seabass said. It will even out eventually - just make sure not to drop salinity since you're removing more salt water with the skimmer.

Same here - I've seen my skimmers go crazy sometimes, but under normal conditions they don't even react to Microbacter.

Super glue, on the other hand, wow, it only takes a tiny bit in the water and the skimmer goes nuts.

I would just turn the skimmer off overnight, check it in the morning, and give it another 12 hours if needed. I've never had any skimmer overflow condition that didn't go away after 24 hours.

Archived