Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clownfish trio?

PaulMrks

Would 2 cheapo osc clowns (babies) and a single black osc (also baby) work in a 25 lagoon? They would be the only fish. And they'd all be introduced at once.

Backstory. Wild caught Royal gramma brought brook or velvet into my tank and wiped all my fish out. Now I'm on a 6-8 week fallow. I've decided I only want clowns when the time comes to get fish. So i was wondering if 3 would work instead of 2.

Or would they fight til theirs only 2? I ask because I see people with dozens of clowns in a harem.

Tanks all cycled. Fully stocked with corals nems. Inverts. My grandmother.

Been running since July I believe.

Biofiltrafion is pretty much bullet proof as the rock used was very old (like 5+ years) live rock. Transferred to this tank.

RIP Sebastian

Would 2 cheapo osc clowns (babies) and a single black osc (also baby) work in a 25 lagoon? They would be the only fish. And they'd all be introduced at once.

Backstory. Wild caught Royal gramma brought brook or velvet into my tank and wiped all my fish out. Now I'm on a 6-8 week fallow. I've decided I only want clowns when the time comes to get fish. So i was wondering if 3 would work instead of 2.

Or would they fight til theirs only 2? I ask because I see people with dozens of clowns in a harem.

Biofiltrafion is pretty much bullet proof as the rock used was very old (like 5+ years) live rock. Transferred to this tank.

NOOOO. DO NOT DO THAT.

The only reasons clowns work in haters is because there is one female, one male, and the rest are gender neutral. The large quantity dispersed the aggression. One will die because two will pair up and kill the third.

NOOOO. DO NOT DO THAT.

The only reasons clowns work in haters is because there is one female, one male, and the rest are gender neutral. The large quantity dispersed the aggression. One will die because two will pair up and kill the third.

Okay never mind that idea lol.

NOOOO. DO NOT DO THAT.

What about an osc clown and one black. Or a osc and a maroon? Can they pair being different breeds/colors?

What about an osc clown and one black. Or a osc and a maroon? Can they pair being different breeds/colors?

Yes of course, as long as they are introduced together. Have a lid, they may jump when they start fighting for the alpha.

Cencalfishguy56

as long as they are all introduced it will be perfectly fine, I know someone local to me who did a BC 29 BTA tank with 5 occ clowns and it's been fine for months
RIP Sebastian

Yep. I have a misbar midnight and an onyx perc together. Maroons are fine with occs.

You have to be VERY careful pairing clownfish from different complexes. The best way to pair an Ocellaris with a Maroon is to buy an extremely tiny maroon, and a large female occy.

Archived