Top Shelf Aquatics

Is this too much flow for my hammer coral?

klimfish

I have included pictures and video below, this is my first coral ever and I want to check and make sure this amount of flow isn't pulling the flesh away from the skeleton too much..

H8CYRmx.jpg?2

Video:

ReefSafeSolutions

I'd say it's a little bit too much...chances are good it'll get used to it though. It's not over the top, literally just a teeny bit much. I've seen hammers in flow much higher and don't seem to be affected at all. I like mine in a little lower flow, they don't like to come out as much in higher flow.

Cencalfishguy56

Man, I wish I had an adjustable power-head. Looks like I may have to do some rearranging if I want full polyp extension.

it looks like full polyp extension but in the long run I doubt it will deal with it lol

Borderline but it seems to be okay. If you're asking then it might be of comfort to you to tone it down slightly or just angle the pump a little.

With hammers/frogspawn I usually look for just enough motion that too much crap doesn't settle on it.

ReefSafeSolutions

Man, I wish I had an adjustable power-head. Looks like I may have to do some rearranging if I want full polyp extension.

Can you move it up or down, left or right? It doesn't look like the flow will damage anything...how long has it been in that spot?

I'm going to play around with different spots for the coral and powerhead today. It does seem to be just a little too much flow for the hammer. I've only had the piece for a few days, so it's hard to say what he "should" look like at this point.

Archived