inTank Media Baskets

Yellow clown goby

PaulMrks

RayWhisperer

All Gobiodon species are bi-directional hermaphrodites. This means they can change to either sex.

If they are truly juvenile, they will both be females. This would give you a far better chance of actually getting a pair out of them. If you end up with 2 males, you might not be so lucky. It's been my experience (guess, actually) that males usually don't tolerate each other. As every time I've gotten 2, only one survives. Since these don't display any sexual dimorphism, it's just a guess I had males.

Edit; I don't see a problem with having them with a pair of clowns. Just give them a branching coral to perch in, so they feel more secure. That way they'll always be in view.

All Gobiodon species are bi-directional hermaphrodites. This means they can change to either sex.

If they are truly juvenile, they will both be females. This would give you a far better chance of actually getting a pair out of them. If you end up with 2 males, you might not be so lucky. It's been my experience (guess, actually) that males usually don't tolerate each other. As every time I've gotten 2, only one survives. Since these don't display any sexual dimorphism, it's just a guess I had males.

Edit; I don't see a problem with having them with a pair of clowns. Just give them a branching coral to perch in, so they feel more secure. That way they'll always be in view.

Cool thanks. I don't want them to breed or whatever. Just want them to coexist without killing/stressing each other.

Archived