Pod Your Reef

Instagram Users: How to post photos from Instagram

ReefWeeds

Hey all! Recently Christopher Marks updated something (that's a very technical term - something) that allows Instagram posts to embed in message/post text. I use Instagram, so I found this to be a great way to keep my thread updated with photos! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to embed Instagram photos into your posts here on nano-reef.com from your phone (i use an iPhone).

Step One: Find the photo/post you want to embed in your message. Once you find that photo, click the three dots at the top right of the image as follows:

vWBYOtI.jpg

Step Two: Once you click the three dots, you will see menu options. Click share:

IcUBTRE.jpg

Step Three: Once you click share, another menu will open. From that menu, click copy link:

ZnBdJvi.jpg

Posting to Nano-reef instructions:

Once you have the link copied, you can then paste that link directly into your message text here by following these instructions:

In the text box, paste the copied link as follows:

VBBFEPz.jpg

Once that is pasted, go to the bottom of the text box and click post

qjVmd3b.jpg

And boom! Your Instagram post is embedded into your post text!!

orSlgUQ.png

Only by the fact that you were able to provide a "how to"

Usually we are having to do that for you

:lol:

... wait! Hey now! I can 'splain things when necessary

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Part of why I don't do a ton of updates is because it's a longer process, this seems pretty user friendly :)

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! Part of why I don't do a ton of updates is because it's a longer process, this seems pretty user friendly :)

It's really easy!! I wanted to make sure I captured all the steps but it probably makes it seem harder than it actually is.

It's true! Simply paste any Instagram URL into the post box and our editor will automatically embed it in your post. Thanks for the mobile guide stellablue!

Oh my pleasure. Thanks for changing that thing so we could do this!

Christopher Marks

Can this be done using an iPad?

Yup, just copy and paste the Instagram post web address into the post editor and it takes care of everything else. The process should be similar to the screenshots posted above, which is from an iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a note: if your account on Instagram is set to private, your posts will not show in forum posts. In order for this to work, your Instagram account has to be set to public.

• 1 month later...
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived