Innovative Marine Aquariums

Back in the Hobby after several years

allenspidey

Well I've been convinced by my kids to start another reef tank. It's been a good while since I've had an actual reef tank and equipment sure has changed. I purchased a Fluval Evo 13.5 at a LFS last week for a very reasonable price. I've found very little info on it so far.

Any issues with this setup? It seems well made but I've never used an all-in-one before so I have nothing to compare it to.

Otherwise, I've got quite a bit of rock work in there and an inch of live sand doing it's thing.

Welcome back

A lot of ppl like fluval evo's and have good success with them.

My advice for all in ones is to make sure you clean out the filter chambers often. Run filter floss thats changed 2 times a week and a good carbon.

Christopher Marks

Welcome back to the community allenspidey!

I saw this tank at MACNA, it looks to be well built with a nice design. I particularly like the grid style screening on the glass. They're still pretty new to the market so builds with them have only recently begun. A few members were discussing theirs earlier in this topic: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/375590-fluval-evo-135/

I'm not familiar with the power of the included lights, but I know they were built with reef keeping in mind. I imagine they're more suited for soft coral and perhaps some LPS?

From what I've read they have a 16W 14,000K LED light bar. It seems plenty bright. I'd make that assumption also that its more for soft corals and LPS.

Thanks for the link and the welcome. It's been a long time.

Archived