Innovative Marine Aquariums

fishes in corner and okinawa diet

Soneca-II

Hi,

At the moment and after a couple of months after one of my clowns died i bought a 2º clown (smaller of the shop) and an okinawa goby.

New clown is eating well, i am monitoring and they don't seem to fight like my previous experience. I still see some stress behavior like erratic swimming of the new clown (sometimes quite fast always returning to origin ) since the older one just stay's put.

The okinawa it's quite different, very calm fish. First day stayed on top of rock. 2º day it stayed behind a Hydor Koralia between the magnet and the pump ( more or less a half centimeter of gap) or on top of magnet. It's being quite picky to eat since it don't eat the pellets (spits) and only brine shrimp (some since it spit's a lot) with vitamins. But in 3º day i can see it getting more food.

This was a short summary and sorry about that :).

My main concern is what do feed more the okinawa. Since what the shops recommend and the real live most of the time isn't the same i would like your opinion on this. I have a lot ( a lot lot ) of amphypods of all sizes, will he eat them as part of the diet?

My second concern is what am i doing wrong for all fishes stay near this pump. It's a 200 litter aquarium ( 120 cm length) with some rock with lot's of hiding places. Most of the time i can't find the hermit's or the turbo snails for day's. Should i be worried or did i did something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Rui

It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong.

Those gobies are kind of known to be picky eaters at first. The food should be fairly small. Once they start eating, I've typically just fed them a quality flake food. And if the flakes are too big, I just crush them a little with my fingers. However, they should also enjoy a finely shaved frozen food.

Archived