Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Frogspawn new head?

Hunt3r

Hi i have a frogspawn with two head. I have it for two months already and im wondering if this is a new head coming out. It have a lump like a duncans new head im just not sure if its growing one for frogspawn.

5FC3C888-971B-4B1F-854D-F333416C18E2_zps

83BB251F-B88D-4681-9351-60C775D2FD03_zps

RayWhisperer

I don't see what you are posting about in those pics.

TBH, any frogspawn I ever kept grew new heads by dividing existing heads. Anytime I found a tiny head growing elsewhere on the skeleton, it would drop those heads. Like little baby frogspawn, completely independent of the mother colony.

I don't see what you are posting about in those pics.

TBH, any frogspawn I ever kept grew new heads by dividing existing heads. Anytime I found a tiny head growing elsewhere on the skeleton, it would drop those heads. Like little baby frogspawn, completely independent of the mother colony.

On the first pic there is a white lumpy thing im not so sure how they really grew head exactly. Some i saw just sticked out from the side.

When my branching frogspawn grows new heads it's a little stick that grows off of the skeleton. Who fragged those so close to the head?

Wow no skeleton at all. I agree with the others. Frogspawns mouths split. Then seperate. Then divide. Sometimes you'll get a new branch then a small head on it that grows and does the same. Kinda like a tree.

Hi

Here is a photo of the Diversa I have - the head divided (4-5 heads now), and now it is forming a skeleton and defining each head.

You can also see some tiny new branches of the main skeleton. They usually grow and then the skeleton forms around them.

(sorry about quality of the photo)

Diversa%20forming%20skeleton%20and%20div

When my branching frogspawn grows new heads it's a little stick that grows off of the skeleton. Who fragged those so close to the head?

it has skeleton half an inch more i just stick it on the sand for now. Yeah most people frogspawn said they have a stick that form like a head. Im justwondering on the close up pic if the white one is a new mouth forming? Im still learning stuff.

Archived