Cultivated Reef

Euphyllias

Astinus

Can different Euphyllias be placed near each other?

I have a Head of a Torch Coral and I ordered a Purpletip Octospawn from Saltcritters and a

"Mystery" Coral. Can I place the Purpletip near the Torch?

Ive got hammers frogs and octos all super close to eachother. Some touch. All are happy. On occasion they get angry and sweeper tentacles fly around for a day. Just keep torches all by their lonesome.

TY Sharbuckle.

I feel that it is always good to ask before placing corals.

I really like Euphyllias. The way they look, the colors and how they can "Flow" or "Sway" gently/softly in the flow.

I'll second buckle - most frogspawn/grape/hammer I've had no issues with them touching. The torches are a slightly different story and can sometimes cause issues so I keep them away from other euphyllia.

I'll second buckle - most frogspawn/grape/hammer I've had no issues with them touching. The torches are a slightly different story and can sometimes cause issues so I keep them away from other euphyllia.

TY AJ :)

I Will keep this info in mind as my Tank progresses ;)

It's good stuff to know for me down the road, as I know I want other Euphyllias as well.

TY AJ :)

I Will keep this info in mind as my Tank progresses ;)

It's good stuff to know for me down the road, as I know I want other Euphyllias as well.

I cant wait to get more. I think ive given up on a torch tnough.

I cant wait to get more. I think ive given up on a torch tnough.

Sharbuckle, TBH, the Torch was/is my 1st Euphyllia. Had I known that it does not play well with other Euphyllias, I may not have purchased it.

Hmmm...I've had it now less than 3 weeks now? I wonder if my LFS will take back and I could get some store credit?

Something to ask. It doesn't hurt to ask, Right?

Sharbuckle, TBH, the Torch was/is my 1st Euphyllia. Had I known that it does not play well with other Euphyllias, I may not have purchased it.

Hmmm...I've had it now less than 3 weeks now? I wonder if my LFS will take back and I could get some store credit?

Something to ask. It doesn't hurt to ask, Right?

Torches are awesome but i dont have the space to give it what it needs.

Torches are awesome but i dont have the space to give it what it needs.

Aye...I hear ya.

Our tank is still new and growing. Real estate is going to be an issue at some point.

Archived