Coral Vue Hydros

evil aiptasia !

ricoh

ok, ive discussed elsewhere on here that i have aiptasia first time in around 2 years .must have hitchiked on rock with latest coral.now there all over my gsp and some of gsp aint growing nomore.my dilema is got bit of money this month to treat myself but cant help thinking need aiptasia x to nuke these .i read vinegar lemon juice boiling water can gt rid but ive tried this just seems to slow the aiptasia down abit but as in a week later with more popping up all over they must be releasing there spores with this method.is there anything else i can do to eradicate them so i can spend my hard earned money on a new addition to my tank instead of buying aiptasia x.? :furious:

What do you use to inject the boiling water into or onto the aiptasia? I had considered this method after I watched a YouTube video but I have to much livestock around and am afraid of accidentally hitting them with hot water. I have been using Aiptasia X for the past several years. But the aiptasia that don't swallow the poison definitely come back. Luckily there are specific spots where I know they grow so I'm always looking at those places. So far 1 of the 5 spots have been aiptasia free for a few months now.

What do you use to inject the boiling water into or onto the aiptasia? I had considered this method after I watched a YouTube video but I have to much livestock around and am afraid of accidentally hitting them with hot water. I have been using Aiptasia X for the past several years. But the aiptasia that don't swallow the poison definitely come back. Luckily there are specific spots where I know they grow so I'm always looking at those places. So far 1 of the 5 spots have been aiptasia free for a few months now.

you probably seen same video as me.i use turkey baster then some of them melt and detach themselves so i suck them up with turkey baster too.just make sure livestock not right next to the aiptasia you are scalding.i had loads of them growing on my gsp boiling water did go on some of the gsp but the polyps are back out

GSP can get nuked and will come back. They are like cockroaches.

I won't be able to use boiling water then. I just found 2 more today and they are all next to my corals I actually like. If they were on my GSP, I'd dump a pot of boiling water on them.

Aiptasia x works very well. Sometimes it takes a few tries but it works.

Get thrm when they are small, its easier to kill them that way.

Peppermint shrimp will eat the aipstasia. If you are able to remove the infected corals from your tank and put somewhere else for a couple hours it's a good bet they will be gone when you come back to it.

Hi - I had a couple once - put a drop of superglue on them and when they closed up, they closed around the glue ball - gluing themselves shut - then on the larger one I put a drop of glue on where it was living - have not seen them since :)

Archived