Top Shelf Aquatics

Reef Octopus Classic 1000 Hang-on-Back Protein Skimmer

paronaram

Hello All,

I have 2 weeks old shallow reef setup, tank is 24x24x13 and I build a sump for it, from 20G High.

For skimmer option I have Reef Octopus Classic 1000, and I think it's designed to work right on the tank, but I would like to move it on newly built sump, to make tank look cleaner.

Here is the problem I need to extend intake on skimmer to about 4-5" so it reaches the water level in my sump. I find out from Reef Octopus that they are using Metric plumbing. (Why would you build equipment in USA with Metric parts???) And I will need a 25mm PVC pipe and coupling, does anybody know where can I get Metric PVC in USA?

Thanks

Aram

post-86102-0-67172800-1474835479_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have that same skimmer on my sump. Unfortunately it's width meant that the input side and output side had to be in different chambers, which in my case meant I had to extend the output 4 - 6 inches.

I'm not sure I believe that the PVC is "metric". It might be a different schedule, or what not, but I found a pre-molded, white, 6" adapter at Home Depot (or maybe it was Lowes) that worked _perfectly_ !

I don't know what it's called, but it was in the plumbing section. It has a female slip connector at one end and standard pipe diameter at the other and was about 6" long. I didn't even have to trim it.

I also didn't glue it. It press fit nicely with the RO skimmer parts.

Sorry I don't have a picture or name for this piece, but you should be able to find it.

Hope this helps.

Archived