Coral Vue Hydros

Post Hiatus Fusion 30L

TotesMaGoat

Hey all! I recently had set up a 40 breeder, which I quickly decided was more than I wanted with the sump and all, so downsized to a 30L. Tank has been running now for a week and a half. I added the cycled rock my the 40 thus I have some livestock in there already. I love the look of natural tanks, meaning a good diversity of corals, gorgs, inverts and macros. Will also be taking out the coralline live rock on the right after it kickstarts some growth on the dry rock. Plan on having SPS on the top rocks, zoas/rics/chalice/acans in the middle and some Euphyllia, clam and macros on the sand.

Equipment:

• 6x39 tek elite (only running 4 bulbs)
  • 2x inTank media baskets
  • running 1 purigen
  • argonite dry sand 30lbs
  • ~25lbs BRS reef saver cycled with live rock
  • Jeabo rw-4 is on its way

Livestock:

• 2 clowns
  • Tiger Pistol
  • Yellow Watchman Goby MIA (presumed eaten)

Livestock Considering:

R/Gbta, Euphyllia, macros, gorgs, nem crab, replacing my goby, more rics/zoas/acans/chalice

P1000384.jpg

P1000383_1.jpg

P1000377.jpg

P1000376.jpg

P1000372.jpg

I like you scape. I have the same tank, will be following along to see what you do differently and maybe steal some ideas from you. :D :D

thanks! so far love the tank. I could tell ya what not to do!

I added too much livestock too soon. Params were good and added some corals and the tiger, but I was gifted 2 clownfish. I wasnt planning to add fish or other livestock for another month at least, but really didnt have much of an option when 2 clownfish showed up at my door. Grateful for the gift, but bad timing. Undergoing an bacterial bloom, water is cloudy (you can see in the pics) but much more noticeable when viewing the tank from the side down the length.. Ammonia is 0, but nitrite is up to 1. Nitrite is not as detrimental to marine fish as it is freshwater, but I'd still like to see this number down. Coral are all doing great and open, minus a zoa mini colony. These zoas are half open, other half are closed, but have been like this since I picked them up a few days ago. And as long as ammonia is down, I don't have to go into panic mode yet. I cut back feeding from 2x day to 1x day. Will be doing 20% WTs 2x a week until I get the bloom down and the tank stabilizes. Dont have anyone to hold onto livestock if ammonia does come up so will figure a plan B just in case.

On a positive note, I have 2 ATI Blue +, a purple, and true acintic being delivered today. The bulbs I am using now are 3 B+ and 1 ABS which were included with the fixture when I picked it up, so have no idea how old they are.

Also considering what to do with this pistol shrimp. I love watching him at night, but he tears up my sandbed every night. Im going to wait it out and see if he settles down some as he adjusts

• 2 weeks later...

Archived