ReefCleaners.org

Mandarinfish...can you grow enough pods in 5 g bucket for 34 g. cube?

duganderson

I have a 34 g. Red Sea that will have a Drop 1.2x scrubber. I'm thinking about getting a mandarinfish. How hard is it to grow enough Codepods in a codepod breading tank or bucket to keep it alive? If so, how often do you add the Copepods to the tank?

Any plans or designs or ideas for how to most easily grow copepods would be much appreciated?

I have talked to and read about ppl hatching baby brine shrimp daily then feeding it through paul B DIY feeder.

you will need a hatchery and 3 to 5 min daily for feeding, prep. the BBS and the DIY feeder.

yes it can be done. thinking about it myself for my 20L. what ever you do dont expect it to survive with out daily feedings.

do alot of research on the topic and talk to the ppl that are successfully doing it. from what i hear it's not all that hard just requires dedication.

here is a quick YT vid. of one in action.

google DIY Mandarin feeder and paul B feeder and let the reading start. like anything saltwater there lots of info to sift through...some better than others.

good luck and plz keep us posted.

if I decide to go that way i'll do a full write up on my hatchery and feeder as well.

Archived