Coral Vue Hydros

RO/DI questions

Canadianeh

If I get the one with ASO with Automatic in-line shutoff valve saves water, In-line ball valve for manual system shut off, & Float valve for unattended operation, will this work only if I use a bucket? Will this work with 5 gallon water jug since it does not have wide open top?

It takes awhile to make (let's say 5 gallons of) water, so usually we start it up and walk away and do something else. You need to set a timer on your phone or something, or you risk overfilling your container and causing water damage.

However, as a good precaution, there are auto shut off kits which include the auto shutoff valve, float valve, and check valve. When the water gets high enough in the container, the float valve stops the flow. The auto shutoff utilizes the back pressure created by the float valve to shut off the water supply to the membrane. Without an automatic shut off valve, waste water would continue to run out after the float valve is activated.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, to use a float valve, it must fit inside your container. For a small container like this, you might be able to use a timer on your smart phone to remind you to shut it off.

BRS 6 Stage Deluxe RODI System ($300 one time purchase). Change filters every 12 months (about $60). Filters both reef water (0 TDS) and human water from same system, all I do is turn a switch and I can choose what water I need to be filtered.

Get a BRUTE, FDA approved - Food Grade. I do fine with a 10 gallon bucket for both my 50gallon reef and my 10 gallon nano. (of course having an extra larger bucket or two for unforseen emergencies doesn't hurt)

That is not going to work for people who live in a condo. I will just get a regular 5 gallon bucket and transfer it into a 5 gallon jug for storage.

Well then, if it were me, I'd skip the auto shut off (use the jug) and just use a timer to remind me to shut of the unit before it overflows. If you figure it will make around 50 gallons a day, that means it makes about 2 gallons an hour. So if you set a timer for 2 hours, you can shut if off before your 5 gallon jug overflows.

Well then, if it were me, I'd skip the auto shut off (use the jug) and just use a timer to remind me to shut of the unit before it overflows. If you figure it will make around 50 gallons a day, that means it makes about 2 gallons an hour. So if you set a timer for 2 hours, you can shut if off before your 5 gallon jug overflows.

It is oaky. I got the one with ASO. only 40 bucks different. It also comes with manual membrane flush.

Archived