Pod Your Reef

Am I fully stocked

MarkFernandez2103

MarkFernandez2103

I have a 45 gallon tank with 2 inches of sand and 30 Pounds of live rock.

I was wondering if I can add anymore fish or am I overstocked

I have the following

2x Occelaris Clownfish

1x Firefish

1x Yellow Watchman Goby

1x Banggai Cardinal

1x 1 inch One spot foxface

(Which I will get rid of when it is bigger but at around what length should I get rid of it?)

Other things inhabiting the tank are

1x Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

1x Tiger pistol shrimp

1x peppermint shrimp

And an assortment of snails and hermit crabs

Also if I can add some fish or once I get rid of the foxface can you guys suggest fish that are reef and invertebrate safe that would be stunning and maybe even a "show peace" in this tank. Also how big should the foxface be when I get rid off it because I want to keep it as long as possible.

PS I will be giving the foxface to my friend with a 220 gallon FOWLR tank with puffers and a Marine Betta

The foxface is the showpiece. Just keep it, and you are fully stocked. Sure the tank is a little small, but I think it will be OK. Any possibility you might upgrade to a 75 gallon (4') tank?

If you still plan on getting rid of it as it gets larger, I'd probably say 5" would be a good time. It will do better with predators if it is on the larger size.

Maybe a single blue chromis for more movement / different color . I think it's pretty close to stocked depending on your wc schedule / filtration equipment

If you don't have corals in the tank that makes a difference also . Do you think you could get away with a marine betta in that tank? they are so cool

Archived