ReefCleaners.org

Mr Aqua 3 gallon Bow Front Questions

FlamingPrawn

Hey guys! Picked up 3 gallon bow front during BRS's sale this past week... Going to do a macro algae tank I'm pretty sure... Just wondering what would be recommended in terms of a cheap light solution? I was also considering just putting a simple HOB if someone could recommend something besides an AC20 haha. Also I'm not too familiar with Macro's... would a heater really be necessary & I'd have to find a heater small enough to fit in here haha. Overall looking forward to this bad boy!

I would suggest an Aquaclear 70 to be honest, you will have tons of room for a heater in there and the added water volume will only benefit your tank. Maybe a coral compulsion Par bulb if you are looking for fairly cheap.

I would suggest an Aquaclear 70 to be honest, you will have tons of room for a heater in there and the added water volume will only benefit your tank. Maybe a coral compulsion Par bulb if you are looking for fairly cheap.

Looking to go even cheaper than a coral compulsion lol. I honestly considered order a 6500k LED lightbulb to put in my desk lamp. With the AC70 wouldn't that be too much flow? Or do people usually just cut off some of the fins?

I use an aquaclear 70 on my 3 gal tank, it is perfect. There is a tiny tab you can cut in order to slide the intake away more and reduce the flow. I'm not really sure about anything cheaper than the par bulb, someone else may have some ideas. Yoshii and Stella are the macro queens and might be able to help you. You will need something in the tank to be able to provide nutrients for the macros.

I use an aquaclear 70 on my 3 gal tank, it is perfect. There is a tiny tab you can cut in order to slide the intake away more and reduce the flow. I'm not really sure about anything cheaper than the par bulb, someone else may have some ideas. Yoshii and Stella are the macro queens and might be able to help you. You will need something in the tank to be able to provide nutrients for the macros.

I looked through your 3 gallon and its AMAZING. With Macro Algae i thought about just going to home depot / lowes and buying a 65000k light bulb to put in my desk lamp to put over it haha. I think the AC70 might be the way to go...

I looked through your 3 gallon and its AMAZING. With Macro Algae i thought about just going to home depot / lowes and buying a 65000k light bulb to put in my desk lamp to put over it haha. I think the AC70 might be the way to go...

Haha thanks! There are a lot of things I want to do with my tank to improve it. It's always fun to do something different. Just know that you may want to update the light in the future if you want to do more challenging coral or even if the macro doesn't thrive under it.

Haha thanks! There are a lot of things I want to do with my tank to improve it. It's always fun to do something different. Just know that you may want to update the light in the future if you want to do more challenging coral or even if the macro doesn't thrive under it.

I have my Evo 12 for those corals with my nano box mini tide :) this one is for simple stuff. so the tank is stable at 69-70 degrees with no heater

Archived