Coral Vue Hydros

One spot focface in 45 gallon?

MarkFernandez2103

MarkFernandez2103

So I have a 45 gallon tank

And I've been wanting a canary blenny so my friend went to the LFS and got me one BUT it was the wrong fish he got me a 1 inch foxface rabbit fish. But when got to my house the LFS was closed and I got plans in the next 4 days so I can't return it anytime soon. So I was wondering if he or she would be OK in 45 gallon tank

It is 3 feet long if that matters

Residence already in the tank

1x Pistol shrimp

1x Yellow Watchman Goby

2x Occelaris Clownfish

1x firefish

1x Banggai Cardinal

1x Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

1x peppermint shrimp

A bunch of hermit crabs and snails

PS it was kinda my fault cuz I just said a yellow skinny fish with black eyes :P

Welcome to N-R.com.

PS it was kinda my fault cuz I just said a yellow skinny fish with black eyes :P

Your lucky that he didn't get you a yellow tang. ;)

Your tank isn't ideal for one, but it might be alright. It would certainly be fine for four days.

Hi, welcome to NR. :welcome:

It would be easier to put the fish in a breeder box and inside your DT so that you can easily take him out when you want to return back to the store (that is, if you plan on returning him). Otherwise, you could release him in your DT, but bear in mind that it might be a bit difficult to catch him again in your tank if you want to swap him out for that canary blenny.

Just my humble opinion.

The one spots are the smallest of the foxfaces. I have one in my 66 which is 33"x24" and he seems very happy in there. They are herbivores so you will need to make sure it has enough veggies to eat and stay healthy.

And I agree - if you're returning it regardless in 4 days or so, it should be fine. I would advise against the breeder box though as that might stress it out and just like tangs (but not quite as bad) foxfaces can be prone to ich and other parasites.

But I do agree with snowphoenix that it would be hard to catch him once he is in your DT. Plus they are venomous so when catching, watch out for the spiny fins.

Archived