inTank Media Baskets

Corals look like they will recover?

rgf1046

Attached are photos of a green slimer as well as a pocillopora in my 28g nano-cube. They got fried by the "professional" led hood that the tank came with and I think it was too late before I realized what was happening. I have since replaced the factory hood with a suspended led and am wondering if they will come back frombeing fried, and if they will everr get their color back. It looks like they are extending polyps, which I would take as a good sign, but they have definitely been bleached out. Thoughts?

20160918_104420_zpspixzkzid.jpg

20160918_104536_zps26agwwed.jpg

Didnt look that bad, I thing they gonna recover you can dip the coral with revive or coral RX, the procedure of how to dip the corals is as follows:

When introducing a new colony to a tank, it is best to pre-dip the coral for 10-15 minutes in a mixture of 5-10 drops of Lugol's iodine solution per liter of tank water, or to simply follow the directions on commercially available iodine-based coral dips. The dip should be performed in an isolated bath with an airstone to provide some water motion. The coral can then be given a quick rinse with tank water to minimize introduction of the dip chemicals into the tank. Ideally, newly acquired specimens should also be quarantined in a separate and isolated system until they are well adapted to tank conditions.

This was exactly what I was looking for as far as feedback with the nano cube LED models. I have an NC6 and the light seems too bright. it's 10k LEDs with 20k LEDs. Do you have a way to measure PAR?

thanks for the advice. I will let them be I think and see how they do. I do not have a PAR meter. One of those things that would be nice to have but I would have a hard time justifying the cost.

Archived