Innovative Marine Aquariums

IM Atoll Build

hallucinathan

A couple of friends and I built the stand today! It wasn't exactly the way that I had planned, but making it round proved more difficult and costly than I had previously expected so we went with square.

I will be adding sand and aquascaping using rock from my 29 gallon tank that is being torn down. Once I finish tomorrow evening I will put up some pics! Let me know what you all think so far.

post-92245-0-79969000-1474169623_thumb.jpg

post-92245-0-16489500-1474169882_thumb.jpg

post-92245-0-78458500-1474169894_thumb.jpg

post-92245-0-16346500-1474169903_thumb.jpg

Neat. I think those tanks are ugly, but I'm hoping you can make it into something beautiful :)

Haha thats what my friends said too. Idk I have weird taste. I think i'm the only one who actually bought it. lol

The only issue I have with the atoll is how big of a pain in the ass making a lid would be. I love the look of the tank other wise. I would totally do a look down tank.

The lid issue is why I went with the panorama model. Otherwise I really like the cylinder look.

Curious what tool you will use to scrap the algae on the acrylic? I was planning to get a hand held kent scraper for acrylic unless you have heard of something better? I don't know if I trust one of the magnetic cleaners made for acrylic. Seems like there is less control. I do have fears of scratching the thing up.

The lid issue is why I went with the panorama model. Otherwise I really like the cylinder look.

Curious what tool you will use to scrap the algae on the acrylic? I was planning to get a hand held kent scraper for acrylic unless you have heard of something better? I don't know if I trust one of the magnetic cleaners made for acrylic. Seems like there is less control. I do have fears of scratching the thing up.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the lid thing, I will come up with something! As far as scraping, I left plenty of room for me to get my hand in and out and I bought one of the continuum acrylic blades and I will just manually scrape it. I was also nervous about the acrylic I have never had an acrylic tank before but this should work well.

I am going to have to check out the Panorama tank you are doing too. Those look great.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the clowns got ich so they are currently in the process of the transfer method today will make transfer 3. They are looking better already. I am going to be ordering some things from brs tonight, should be a powerhead and the 2 part dosing kit. Maybe if I am feeling wealthy an ato as well.

Archived