Top Shelf Aquatics

Transporting / Holding Overnight

-E-

What is a cheap safe way to pickup a coral (or a fish), hold it for about 12 hours overnight, then deliver and transfer to new tank? Should I be concerned about heating, lighting, water flow, aeration...etc?

Fish and corals get shipped all the time. With a coral, put in a bag with enough water, tightly tie and put in a cooler or something that will keep the temp stable. Same with fish, but getting some o2 in the bag I think is important and you will need more water than you'll need with the coral.

With a coral, put in a bag with enough water, tightly tie and put in a cooler or something that will keep the temp stable.

So, I could just keep the frag in an insulated travel mug overnight? Won't it get too cold?

So, I could just keep the frag in an insulated travel mug overnight? Won't it get too cold?

Well, where are you planning on keeping it and what would the temp be?

And what kind of coral? Insulated travel mugs have a hole in the top so aren't so good for insulating long term. You also want to make sure there is no residue in the cup from say a dishwasher or whatever.

Yeah... then I remembered an insulated mug might be to skinny for my hand to reach the bottom. Wouldn't want to damage a frag while reaching for the base. The jar has a wide mouth.

Archived