ReefCleaners.org

coral stings or black ich on clown?

Silver92

Hello!

I discovered some black spots on my clown last week. At first i thought they were coral stings (only have some zoa's in there atm). Been watching the clown daily and it seems the spots are increasing but i hardly see the clown near the zoas. The clown also rubs on the wall/rock from time to time.

Anybody got any idea if these spots are infact coral stings, or am i dealing with black ich here?

Tried to make some pictures, but he's still very actively swimming, making it hard to take pictures :)

will try to take some more clear pics!

Thanks!

post-92101-0-05303800-1474124586_thumb.jpg

post-92101-0-44485600-1474124588_thumb.jpg

When I had an anemone my clowns had the same issue with black spots from buffering the anemone but they went away over time. Since you don't have an anemone or any stinging type of coral that could mark the fish I think it's sick. I've never dealt with black ich so hopefully someone else can chime in. But in the mean time you should set up a small quarantine tank. This will help alleviate issues like this on future purchases cause if it is any form of ich your gonna have to have a fish free tank for some time to make sure all stages of it are dead and gone

Archived