Innovative Marine Aquariums

Looking for advice on proposed full tank automation

gus6464

It's time now to start putting together the layout of my tank's equipment in the garage and I have a little dilemma on where to put the RODI unit. My unit has an aquatec 8800 booster pump. Here is a rough sketch.

garage.png

The red circles are two stenner pumps. A dual head for auto water change and a single head for ATO. Think of the edges of the paper as my walls. Here is the dilemma. I want to run an RODI faucet to my utility sink. My ATO container will sit above my ocean water drum which is a good 12ft tubing run from my utility sink. Both stenners will be pulling the water from the other wall.

Do I put my RODI above my utility sink and do a long RODI out run to the ato container or do I put it above the ato container and loop back with another RODI out to the addon faucet on the sink? Will my aquatec booster pump have issues with sending RODI water through 12ft of 1/4" line?

So basically I will be automating everything that could possibly be automated with this proposed setup. These are all the procedures that will be automated:

1.33g water change every day

automatic fillup of 10g of RODI water in ATO container

skimmer stopping in the event of overflow and sending me a text

daily dosing of coral snow with a magnetic stirrer operation before dosing

feeding of pellets daily

All the maintenance I want to do:

Daily

feeding a frozen cube

Weekly

water tests with idip (alk, ca, mg, nitrate, po4)

filter sock swap

change carbon from reactor if needed

check chaeto reactor and pull some out if needed

clean skimmer cup

Monthly

refill 50g drum with filtered ocean water

Archived