Cultivated Reef

making anemones move

rottingsoul492

rottingsoul492

My rose tip anemone moved to the back of my tank while my nitrates where high and now that i got them stable its staying there and wont move!. How can i get it to move back to the front? I moved my light away from it and pointed it towards the front hopeing it will follow the light

Moving it yourself will only ever be temporary. If it wants to move, it will. If it wants to stay, it will. If you're trying to just entice it to move again, I've always had luck with blasting it with a 500gph power head. (Not too close so it didn't get damaged, but 9/10 times it works) if that doesn't work, you could remove that rock and try more intense options such as an ice cube in a bag on the foot, or even carefully peeling it off the rock. I've had success with slowly peeling, but never with the cold foot.

rottingsoul492

Moving it yourself will only ever be temporary. If it wants to move, it will. If it wants to stay, it will. If you're trying to just entice it to move again, I've always had luck with blasting it with a 500gph power head. (Not too close so it didn't get damaged, but 9/10 times it works) if that doesn't work, you could remove that rock and try more intense options such as an ice cube in a bag on the foot, or even carefully peeling it off the rock. I've had success with slowly peeling, but never with the cold foot.

if i try the powerhead method would i leave it on there all day?

I found the least invasive and most effective way of moving them is the put something to cast a shadow on it. Back when I had a screen top, I would put a post-it note over it. It would move in a few hours.

Archived