SaltCritters.com

BioCube 14G Splash Lens

Cam450

I currently have 2 TrueLumen 12" LED lights in my BioCube 14G hood and i am looking to add one or two more strips, but the splash lens is painted has a black plastic piece inset into it. Has anyone tried to remove this black piece or is it permanently glued to the lens paint?

RES15606L-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

after looking at the splash lens a little closer and scratching it with my nails, it looks like the black part is painted on there. i was thinking about trying to remove it, possibly with some type of paint remover if i would need more lighting.

Any luck with these lights? My corals died under them not providing enough lighting I had both the 12k and the 453 actinic.

As for the TrueLumen 12" LED Pros lights themselves. its a pretty nice and simple to install setup especially with the Current USA Ramp Timer Pro Light. i was able to fit 3 of the 12" TrueLumen LED pro (2 Marine Fusion 12K White/Actinic Blue Combo and 1 actinic) and kept original BioCube blue led moon light. i currently don't have any corals in my tank, but i wanted to get someone's input if my current setup would be enough lighting for corals and/or a anemone?

Archived