ReefCleaners.org

Anyone own this pump?

stash98

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-GPH-Submersible-Pump-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Powerhead-Fountain-Water-Hydroponic-/261108948041

I want something very small and dead quiet. My tank is running in total silence right now with the Jebao wavemaker I installed. Its great.

My plan is to put the wavemaker on a timer and only have the powerhead run at night just provide some low flow in the tank. That way my smartATO has a more level waterline to work with while the lights are off.

If this is a good option or anyone has a better one, please let me know. I already know the Hydor super small gets pretty bad reviews for silence, and after using the Jebao, I will never buy a Koralia again. Just inferior pumps, IMO.

It's a hit or miss with these eBay pumps... I thought the Jebao had a night mode where it runs lower?

I have the Wp10 and it does not seem to have that feature. That would be awesome though.

Any other suggestions? I don't mind taking a shot on a small pump at that price, but if there is a proven winner that works, I'll pay more.

It would be more beneficial to your tank inhabitants if you leave the wavemaker on at night as well. Ocean currents do not die down at night and there is no reason to do so in our tanks. It will help with keeping things oxygenated and prevent detritus from being able to settle at night like it would without the wavemaker running.

It would be more beneficial to your tank inhabitants if you leave the wavemaker on at night as well. Ocean currents do not die down at night and there is no reason to do so in our tanks. It will help with keeping things oxygenated and prevent detritus from being able to settle at night like it would without the wavemaker running.

Good point. I need to monitor my ATO and make sure it is able to turn on enough. I don't have huge waves, and I agitated water surface before with pumps and it worked, but it is something I should monitor.

Interesting benefit besides having a crystal clear surface is that there is no salt creep line on the rim anymore. The water is much better agitated and I am able to remove my internal filter and just let the wavemaker and weekly water changes handle everything.

Archived