inTank Media Baskets

condylactis anemone compulsive buy

rottingsoul492

rottingsoul492

So earlier i bought a condylactis anemone , i googled it and done some fast research and it seemed to be ok but now im reading it can cause some trouble. Anyone have experience with these anemones? Thanks. Btw i have a 29 gallon with 1 damsel ,1 clown that host a rose tip, some green star pylops and candy cane corals

I looked at one of those when I first started the hobby back in 2012. I asked my LFS why it was so cheap. They advised me not to buy it because it's mean and that's why it was $15. So, I'd keep a close eye on it. You may have one that is the nicest condy ever.

I had one for a (short) while in my 29g. It was cool, I thought i made a good decision, but it moved a lot. I thought it had settled in, I went to work and when I got home it moved into the powerhead and died. I agree you should keep a good eye on it. I would cover powerheads and filter intakes with something if you can. It also has a pretty nasty sting, from what I remember they are native to Haiti and do not usually host clownfish. Hope this helps.

Archived