ReefCleaners.org

Skunk Cleaner Aggresive towards Peppermint?

Mark2103

So today I bought a peppermint shrimp who is .5 of an inch. Once I put the shrimp in the tank after 5 minutes the skunk cleaner (who is 1.5 inch) starts to harass it. Now the peppermint is forced to live on the return pump. Is this Normal behavior the Skunk cleaner has been in my tank for 1 1/2 months.

Cheers,

Mark

It wouldn't surprise me. My cleaner can be an a$$. Saw him and my porcelain crab have a small fight the other day when the crabs nem had food that the shrimp wanted.

So today I bought a peppermint shrimp who is .5 of an inch. Once I put the shrimp in the tank after 5 minutes the skunk cleaner (who is 1.5 inch) starts to harass it. Now the peppermint is forced to live on the return pump. Is this Normal behavior the Skunk cleaner has been in my tank for 1 1/2 months.

Cheers,

Mark

Normal. Animals compete for resources in the wild, they don't really change behavior in our tanks no matter how many food pellets we stuff them with.

I have 2 cleaners, they both frantically investigate any new inverts I place in the tank. Plucking anything good off of them, then afterwards they leave them alone. But my Cleaners stay on one side, while my Sexy shrimp stay on the other. Emerald crabs do their thing, and the porcelain crab stick with the nem. But when they are on the same side, I've never noticed issues.

Archived