Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biocube - LED ?

DavidinArizona

DavidinArizona

Hi! I've had my biocube 14g up and running for a little over a year now and love it. However I've seen a bunch of rimless tanks recently (biocube) and love the look.

I'd like to remove the hood but keep the trim as I'm not daring enough to remove it. Do you think I could clip on an LED light with that trim or would I need to remove a part of it?

Does anyone have any other ideas for adding LEDs? I'm not interested in hooded retrofit kits.

Thanks for the feedback!

HI! I have BC 29 for almost a year as well. Like you I haven't taken the plunge. I wanted to tell you about something I saw today - it might be what your looking for! I was at MACNA in San Diego and the BC people were there. This year they are changing out the hood of the new tanks and they are amazing. It has the digital timer in the hood with all LED lights. I tried to get a good picture but the lights just look like a strip rather than what is actually looks like. I am so excited!! The on/off switches are gone, rather it is a digital panel where you pick the times.

The best part? By end of year it will be in market and if you have an existing BC you will be able to purchase just the hood. They will have hoods for sale for all existing BC!!

Fun stuff!!

Archived