Top Shelf Aquatics

Petco return policy

Jayva

I'm googling. I'm not finding anything. What is their return policy on aquarium kits. The receipts and website says if your not 100% satisfied return within 60 days.

But in the store. They have their own private piece of paper by the register a list of items that can't be returned.

Sneaky SOBs

I wanna return my edge. I'm upgrading. It's less then a month old. I can use that $140 on stuff I need. Like pumps and salt and dry goods. Base dry rock to seed. I won't buy animals or coral from them.

Like you already set it up for a few weeks?

Yeah not sure if any company would allow a return unless there's a defect or something in which case a replacement is usually offered.

If they accept your return I would say that's pretty generous (you may have to talk to the manager or email corporate). If not though you could probably recoup some of the cost by selling it yourself.

Good luck.

And we wonder why cost of equipment keeps going up...

Yeah no shit I hate to say it but people like you cause issues............

You have a perfectly good product then decide well I don't like it I want bigger..........

Why not try and sell if privately first?

Call me an asshole but just calling it like I see it.......I own a business myself and well with people like you how can you make a living?

Okay. Everyone's having a shit fit. Petco returned it. I didn't put a gun to their head. They didn't have to return it. They did. They'll write it up and get their money back.

"People like me" I returned an item within the 30 days EVERY store gives you. Their return policy states "if you are not 100% satisfied return for full amount" well guess what I was no longer sastisfied. I did nothing illegal. I was in their return policy time frame. And you know what. I gave the money right back to them I didn't pocket it. I bought stuff I needed. I actually over paid I bought their live rock. 5lbs at $30 they actually ripped me off. I paid close to $100 on 15lbs of Rock. And it's rock I can't use for 3 months. It's in a bucket of tank water and it's gonna stay there for 3 months to kill any potential diseases.

Okay. Everyone's having a shit fit. Petco returned it. I didn't put a gun to their head. They didn't have to return it. They did. They'll write it up and get their money back.

"People like me" I returned an item within the 30 days EVERY store gives you. Their return policy states "if you are not 100% satisfied return for full amount" well guess what I was no longer sastisfied. I did nothing illegal. I was in their return policy time frame. And you know what. I gave the money right back to them I didn't pocket it. I bought stuff I needed. I actually over paid I bought their live rock. 5lbs at $30 they actually ripped me off. I paid close to $100 on 15lbs of Rock. And it's rock I can't use for 3 months. It's in a bucket of tank water and it's gonna stay there for 3 months to kill any potential diseases.

Yeah you spent the money right back but now they are out for the original purchase.............just the same is you buy a apple from a store take a biter and go back and return it..........bullshit I say.......you went into the store and bought what you thought was your dream tank then get it home and decide well I don't like it but here is this flaw that I can get my money back........BULLSHIT!!!!!!

I have worked in many retail stores.

If there is no "problem" with merchandise, they can't claim it against the vendor. Its a financial loss.

Every store has ppl do this repeatedly, right down to a bottle of pop. It is a leading factor as to why prices keep increasing.

Not getting worked up myself but rather explaining why prices are high and businesses are cutting back.

Many big box stores changed their return policies for this particular reason.

Archived