Pod Your Reef

nanobox retro - biocube 29 - sps - bluefish/led settings

KK009

hey all - looking to dial in by nanbox retro, great lights but haven't found the sps sweet spot yet, seeing limited growth, some have bleached, not much coloring up - for those that have found success would be greatful if you posted full settings!! thanks.

thanks for the replies, wanted to see what settings people are having success with. I started at 40% blue 25% white, ramp, etc. saw bleaching then turned down. SPS are 6-8 in from top. current settings/cycle below.

post-90615-0-04672700-1473461108_thumb.png

I'm currently running a 9-7 light period. 90 minute ramp up to 50% blues and a 3 hour ramp of white up to 20%. I had the same period ramping up to 60% blue and 25% white but I noticed my monti were losing color so trying this setting.

Acro are anywhere from 6" to almost the surface of the water and plating monti are about 8. Also have a sebae anemone that's on the bottom and he seems to prefer the higher lighting.

hey all - looking to dial in by nanbox retro, great lights but haven't found the sps sweet spot yet, seeing limited growth, some have bleached, not much coloring up - for those that have found success would be greatful if you posted full settings!! thanks.

Make sure to take in account how long they are on for as well. Currently I am only running a seven hour period with amazing results.

When corals bleach it will take longer for them to color back up rather than browning to color as well.

-Dave

Archived