Coral Vue Hydros

What's the funniest thing a non reefer said when they saw your tank?

Sal10104

Haven't had many look at our Tank, but the usual response is "NICE! I Didn't know they have that"

We have a JBJ 28 Bio-Cube. The folks did not realize that there was an AIO Tank.

MainelyReefer

My 91 year old grandma thought all my corals were rubber decorations and couldn't figure out why they changed day to night, and she still doesn't believe my yellow watchman goby exists

Usually when I tell nonfish tank people that all of the corals are real and alive they say "No way! Really!?"

And you'd be surprised how many people show interest in the $.50 hermit crabs and show no attention or respect towards the $50-100+ rare corals or fish.

RIP Sebastian

"So these are all the reefs?"- My Grandma Referring to the Corals

"Your clownfish are so f*cking retarded. Get in the damn anemone!"- Both of My Parents Wondering Why My Clownfish Don't Host

"That crab's a f*cking asshole."- My mother to a Hermit Crab that Walked Over My GSP.

My parents don't have a filter.......

Nick

"So these are all the reefs?"- My Grandma Referring to the Corals

"Your clownfish are so f*cking retarded. Get in the damn anemone!"- Both of My Parents Wondering Why My Clownfish Don't Host

"That crab's a f*cking asshole."- My mother to a Hermit Crab that Walked Over My GSP.

My parents don't have a filter.......

Nick

clownfish bites them "F*** KILL THAT COCK SUCKER" haha

Nick

Hey nick show your clown fish a YouTube video on your phone of another clown in an anemone. Find a good video that's not too much of a close up or it will scare your fish with the bigger scale fish from your phone. I got my clown captive to host in about 30 seconds with this method. He saw the video and was like "oh that's what I'm supposed to do?!"

I showed my buddy my corals and said those are "zoas"

And he said in a funny voice,

"What are zzzoooaaasss???" Lol sounded like "what are those" lol.

RIP Sebastian

Hey nick show your clown fish a YouTube video on your phone of another clown in an anemone. Find a good video that's not too much of a close up or it will scare your fish with the bigger scale fish from your phone. I got my clown captive to host in about 30 seconds with this method. He saw the video and was like "oh that's what I'm supposed to do?!"

I showed my buddy my corals and said those are "zoas"

And he said in a funny voice,

"What are zzzoooaaasss???" Lol sounded like "what are those" lol.

I shall try that. Thanks.

"Looks like your fish is dead" - Said my father-in-law after dropping a fake toy clownfish (that looked surprisingly real) into my tank where it sat upside down on the bottom.

Wasn't really funny to me at the time - but a clever prank I suppose.

I've had a couple of people argue with me that corals are "just rocks".

Happens to me all the time.. I have had people say "can i pet your sea urchin?" and they point at my longspine sea urchin... Then they are like can i touch your coral?? Im like yeah just touch that one and point at my biggest anemone lol

Archived