Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Vitamins.

Jayva

What is a good coral vitamin supplement I can add to the tank that won't spike nitrites or phos.

Kents Microvert said on the bottle warning may spike nitrites

Phytoplankton and zoo plankton I don't think is a good idea in a 6 gallon pico.

I bought a frogspawn a while back. Bought it bleached and wilty. Trying to bring it back to life. Feeding it frozen brine shrimp once a week. It puffs up now but still transparent pale green.

I use aquavitro fuel. My tank is very low in nutrients but after using reef roids and fuel, I've suddenly had algae appear and i use both VERY SPARINGLY.

My 10g had a huge spike in nitrates after using fuel. It was the only new thing used/added. Nitrates went from 5 to over 20 in 2 doses and that was half the required dose.

It isn't necessary to add vitamins and in a new tank, I wouldn't. Its often recommended for those with VERY clean tanks because they may be low in nutrients etc etc.

I don't think there are any guaranteed products that won't increase nutrient levels.

jedimasterben

What is a good coral vitamin supplement I can add to the tank that won't spike nitrites or phos.

Nothing like that can exist because that is what these products are for.

reefernanoman

Kents Microvert said on the bottle warning may spike nitrites

Phytoplankton and zoo plankton I don't think is a good idea in a 6 gallon pico.

I bought a frogspawn a while back. Bought it bleached and wilty. Trying to bring it back to life. Feeding it frozen brine shrimp once a week. It puffs up now but still transparent pale green.

BTW, there is no need to feed frogspawn directly. You are just adding unnecessary nitrites. Just bring your intensity of your lights down, or keep the frogspawn in the shade if your light is not dimmable. I have made my frogspawn bleach before because of too much light, and just dimmed my LED's to like 20% so that it could recover (which it has). Good luck.

BTW, there is no need to feed frogspawn directly. You are just adding unnecessary nitrites. Just bring your intensity of your lights down, or keep the frogspawn in the shade if your light is not dimmable. I have made my frogspawn bleach before because of too much light, and just dimmed my LED's to like 20% so that it could recover (which it has). Good luck.

It's actually at 10%. It's doing a lot better. I fed it once and if isn't all wilty anymore. It puffs up. Gotta work on the color now. I bought it that way. I didn't bleach it lol

Unless you are carbon dosing in an ULNS, there really isn't a need to dose vitamins or amino acids. Normal feeding and water changes will provide these, along with any necessary trace elements. Given proper flow, lighting, and feeding, corals respond best to stable water parameters (within accepted ranges). Other supplements are normally not needed (and can actually be detrimental).

Archived