SaltCritters.com

34g Cube Stocking help

Nixperience

I have a 34g cube with 10g in my 16g sump. So 44g total water volume. I have a pair of Ocellaris Clowns and am planning on getting a Starry Blenny once the tank settles in. The clowns basically hang out in the corner around the green toadstool that they live in and the blenny will basically crawl around the bottom and the rocks. I am looking for a 4th and final fish that will swim around the open water column. I have an open top, so I want to stay away from anything that is a big time jumper.

I was thinking a Six Line Wrasse or a Lemonpeel Dwarf Angel. I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or warnings against certain fish. I know six lines can be bastards and lemonpeels can nip corals. Wasn't sure how certain these characteristics are.

Thanks,

Nick

Wouldn't go for a six line, they can be quite aggressive, Lemonpeels get too large. A smaller dwarf could work. Small basslets, cardinal fish, dart fish, and possum wrasse are nice options as well.

I don't recommend a wrasse for an open top tank. If you want an angelfish, I recommend a pygmy dwarf because they're more calm in smaller tanks and they only get 3" big. Although I do recommend getting a small one. That fish will make a great addition

I think I'm definitely leaning towards the dwarf angel types. I really like the way they look and swim and they would be a good contrast to the clowns and blenny. Are they truly big coral nippers? Is that a major issue?

SantaMonicaHelp

For the pair of Ocellaris Clowns, how is their relationship? And no, I'm not joking when I ask that. It could make all the difference when introducing new fish.

- C. Smith

For the pair of Ocellaris Clowns, how is their relationship? And no, I'm not joking when I ask that. It could make all the difference when introducing new fish.

- C. Smith

They are a couple. The female wrestles with the male sometimes. Most of the time she stays near the toadstool and the male lays inside. When I have to move stuff around, the male nips at me, but the female leaves me alone.

It sounds like a great relationship! What type of Ocellaris' are they?

- C. Smith

The male is a good old fashioned standard Orange and female is a black and white. I like the regular ones better than the designer clowns, although I have seen a few subtle snowflakes I liked.

SantaMonicaHelp

The male is a good old fashioned standard Orange and female is a black and white. I like the regular ones better than the designer clowns, although I have seen a few subtle snowflakes I liked.

Your female could be a Black Ocellaris, (I know... the name is not creative at all) which happens to be my all-time favorite Clownfish. :)

- C. Smith

Your female could be a Black Ocellaris, (I know... the name is not creative at all) which happens to be my all-time favorite Clownfish. :)

- C. Smith

It is.

Archived