ReefCleaners.org

Can I trim this out?

Astinus

So, As I had posted an update regarding Aiptasia and Lasers. I went and got some Aiptasia-X...

and was successful in treating the Aiptasia, being careful not to get too much into the surrounding

desired Coral. Specifically the Goni.

Here is a Pic of the Goni after Aiptasia Treatment.

Rv9aIO.jpg

QCE6Ug.jpg

Can I safely cut away, with Scissors, or some other sharp tool, what looks like dead or dying tissue?

Can the Goni be saved?

Here is the link to the Post I made in Disease and Pest Treatment.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/376189-aiptasia-laser/

Thanks everyone.

fishfreak0114

Aww sorry to hear its not doing good :( you could try an iodine dip? It's what I do whenever something look bad to try and treat/prevent infection. If you can frag off the dead part I would, no need to have it fouling your tank. Good luck :) hope it recovers :flower:

TY Fishfreak. How do I do an Iodine Dip? Do I just get regular Iodine from the 1st aid section at the Drug Store and Dilute?

Dilute to what though?

fishfreak0114

Just the regular iodine that you buy at the drugstore. I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure I do 6-7 drops/500ml of tank water. I'll look for the article I used. You may have to repeat in a couple days.

fishfreak0114

Half a litre. Darn metric lol, I don't know it in imperial sorry. I could find the article either :( but with several dips over a week (like every day or two), there may be hope.

According to my mom it's two cups. Also, dip it for 20-30 minutes.

hallucinathan

I accidentally did the same thing to a nepthea leather one time. It got the same dark colored tissue, I did nothing but kept it in a decent amount of flow and waited. About 2 weeks after the polyps were back out and fine. I hope you are as lucky as I was.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived