SaltCritters.com

Macro algaes

Jayva

I want to add color to my tank. I can't get corals yet. Working on the lighting. But I hear macros grow under my stock 7500k light

What are nice macros to put in the DT?

I really like dragons breath it's pretty.

Any other suggestions. Maybe something that can go into the sand bed.

Some macros definitely like intense lighting so you'll want to avoid those. Dragon's breath is definitely pretty, but you'll need intense lighting to get the orange tips. Hayi is another one to consider and doesn't need intense lighting. Same with Botryocladia, codium and a bunch of others. Blue ochtodes like Tam mentioned is a great suggestion and blue scroll is another one to consider.

As mentioned, macros can often need as intense lighting as corals plus many need Ca.

Do research on different macros, some can cause issues when they go sexual, some make a mess in the dt.

Lol, it can cause issues in the tank when they do. I was shocked to find out that as much as there are benefits there are negatives.

If macros die in the tank they release all the nutrients they absorbed back into the water and high levels of carbon dioxide.

Just an fyi.

Lol, not all macros will go crazy and take over. Here's my dragon's breath. These guys need similar conditions as corals--good lighting and flow--but they are very beautiful and well behaved.

Maroon with orange tips

dragon4.jpg

dragonsbreath.jpg

Lol, not all macros will go crazy and take over. Here's my dragon's breath. These guys need similar conditions as corals--good lighting and flow--but they are very beautiful and well behaved.

Maroon with orange tips

dragon4.jpg

dragonsbreath.jpg

I can't find it anywhere. Would you be willing to send me some clippings when you need to clean it up?

Archived