Coral Vue Hydros

Stocking help on fluval edge 6

Jayva

Now before anyone yells at me. I'm upgrading my tank in December. So my fish won't be crammed in this little box for eternity. I'm buying babies. Smallest I can find.

I'm dead set on osc clown pair. LFS sells itty bitty ones. Inch or under an inch.

Can I add a third fish. Like a fire fish. Or a azure damsel those ones aren't as aggressive as the rest of the damsels.

Clown pairs going in first. After CUC. Week or two later the third fish. I don't like gobys you never see them. I just want something active. That hangs out in the middle. Isn't shy. Or aggressive. And colorful.

6lb LR. 10lbs 1 to 2 inch sand bed. (Dunes). Two 92GPH power heads. Aq20 running filter floss. Once cycle is done Purigen and phosgaurd. I'll be doing weekly 1-2 gallon water changes religiously. (I actually enjoy doing water changes)

I can't give params yet because it's still cycling. I want a list for future reference.

And clean up crew. I need things that clean and stir the sand so cerinth. I want hermits Also. Please create a cuc list for me. But exclude the snails that can't get up when tipped. I won't be able to reach certain areas of this tank to save them. Thanks. Also reef safe because I'm doing coral when I get a light. Thanks. Is their a starfish that doesn't eat coral? I'd like a star.

If you never see gobies in a 5-6g you're doing something wrong, I've seen all of mine every day. Though they do favor perching over swimming.

I wouldn't do a fire fish in a 6g, imo they're just too large for most 6g dimensions. I'd stick with the clown pair for bioload and size.

Don't add the clowns first if u want a thirds. That's asking for trouble. Try a pink streaked wrasse. Than add the clowns.

I think the clowns are a good choice - mine don't ever leave an area about the size of your tank - and that's in a 40 breeder. I agree - no way firefish - it will be bouncing off the walls, literally - they need a lot of swimming room and good lid.

I love my YWG / pistol shrimp combo - they would have fun in your new sand and help you clean it by mixing the sand up. True I don't see the goby a lot - but you only have 1 rock to hide under so I'm sure you would.

Either way I think 3 fish is a lot and sticking with 2 might be better

I Like the Elegant Firefish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+173&pcatid=173

Or the Exquisite Firefish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+3483&pcatid=3483

Both can be housed in a 10 G tank. I do not think u can do both in same tank, due to aggression towards each-other.

And as others above has said, add the Clowns last.

Yeah I am worried about the bio load I don't have a ton of rock. Nor do I want a ton of rock. I think I'm just stick to the clown pair.

I need CUC ideas. Now lol

Yeah I am worried about the bio load I don't have a ton of rock. Nor do I want a ton of rock. I think I'm just stick to the clown pair.

I need CUC ideas. Now lol

http://www.reefcleaners.org ;)

Great place to get a CUC! Clck "Custom Clean up Crew" Fill in form and John will be a great help!!

fishfreak0114

I'd start out small for your CUC, because you can always add more later. So if I were you I'd probably do something like this:

1-2 nassarious

1 trochus

A few dwarf ceriths

2-3 blue leg hermits

If you needed more in the future it's easy to add, but you don't want to buy too much and have it starve

http://www.reefcleaners.org ;)

Great place to get a CUC! Clck "Custom Clean up Crew" Fill in form and John will be a great help!!

I've done that before. He recommended about 25 mixed species. But altogether 25 items. Over kill lol

I'd start out small for your CUC, because you can always add more later. So if I were you I'd probably do something like this:

1-2 nassarious

1 trochus

A few dwarf ceriths

2-3 blue leg hermits

If you needed more in the future it's easy to add, but you don't want to buy too much and have it starve

Thanks. What do you think about 1 medium turbo?

I've done that before. He recommended about 25 mixed species. But altogether 25 items. Over kill lol

I Know what ya mean about "Over Kill" lol! At some point u may find yourself needing that over kill!

fishfreak0114

Well I've never had a turbo before, but they could knock your corals over if they're not really secure. I personally love my trochus, they eat lots of algae, have never knocked anything and they don't get stuck on their backs.

Well I've never had a turbo before, but they could knock your corals over if they're not really secure. I personally love my trochus, they eat lots of algae, have never knocked anything and they don't get stuck on their backs.

Okay. I read they mate in tanks easily so I'm just gonna get one trochus. I don't want a over population. Lol. Also the flipping thing works great. Thanks.

Archived