Cultivated Reef

Forgot what this is...Goniopora?

Astinus

I can't remember the name of this Coral.

I'd also like to know if the placement is good...if so, I will glue it down.

ejdO8D.jpg

Thank you all :)

TY Snow...I've had it for a little while now. 4 maybe 5 months.

I have had it on the Sand Bed, then it started to not look happy.

I have placed on my Rock Scape, but Snails :rolleyes: knock it off.

It seems to like it where it is at the moment.

I will do a more thorough research on placement now.

If it's red with blue centers it's either the ORA red goni or something similar. I mounted mine to a small rock and then placed the rock int he sandbed. They can grow fast and can produce a powerful sting to hurt other corals if they feel like it. I've seen them mixed in with softies to great effect since softies seem to be immune to the sting.

Not the greatest Pic. But Top down.

uO308g.jpg

Can I put it near this? Will there be an issue, aside from the damn Aiptasia that I will destroy after the 1st. (Pay Day)

i8dLia.jpg

Want your aptasia gone? Get 1 or 2 peppermint shrimp. Had an aptasia come into my tank unseen on a paly frag. Got two peppermints the day after i finally saw it and that nem didn't last 24hrs. They're cheap, and also make a great addition to the CUC as they scower the tank at night cleaning up any leftover food. They hide a lot but when they come out at feeding time it's a kick to watch them weaving like they're in a tidal current.

Yeah...I did get 2 Peppermint Shrimp...I need to "Fire" Them. They are hiding in the Rocks, on the Back side. Rarely see them :(

Still have the Aips too...6 days to payday...May have to try Aiptasia-X

Archived