Innovative Marine Aquariums

I Need Help- Mass RTN?

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Hey there guys and gals,

Up until now my tank has been going pretty well. Happy corals, healthy fish,etc.

About a week ago, my acan stsrted losing tissue. I've had it for months and haven't moved it. Then my candy cane lost most of its color. I woke up today to find my favia all white! Everything wlse in the tank is fine, including my RBTA. Nitrates are next to nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Nick

Hey there guys and gals,

Up until now my tank has been going pretty well. Happy corals, healthy fish,etc.

About a week ago, my acan stsrted losing tissue. I've had it for months and haven't moved it. Then my candy cane lost most of its color. I woke up today to find my favia all white! Everything wlse in the tank is fine, including my RBTA. Nitrates are next to nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Nick

Do you dose?

Any changes with maintenance or additives made over the past few days?

How about past few weeks?

Ca: ?

Alk: ?

RIP Sebastian

Do you dose?

Do you dose?

I don't dose anything. My alk is 9. I don't test for calcium. My Stylos are fine so I don't think that's the issue.

Nick

Are you running carbon or GFO? The lps corals seem to be the ones going, could be lack of nutrients. I had a really hard time keeping frogspawn and hammers and even duncans alive for a while cause my tank was ULNS and i wasnt dosing any of the coral food

Are you running carbon or GFO? The lps corals seem to be the ones going, could be lack of nutrients. I had a really hard time keeping frogspawn and hammers and even duncans alive for a while cause my tank was ULNS and i wasnt dosing any of the coral food

:huh: What is ULNS? :huh:

RIP Sebastian

My other LPS- Platygyra, Euphyllia, and other acans- are all doing great.

:huh: What is ULNS? :huh:

Ulns = ultra low nutrient system.

OP - any chance any foreign objects entered the system. A coin, paper clip, chemical,etc? Or even cleaning done near the tank?

Hey there guys and gals,

Thanks,

Nick

Besides all the other possibilities mentioned...have you added any new fishies or critters that could be annoying them? A lot of pickers love LPS.

You didn't happen to see any brown jelly did you? LPS are susceptible to infection. The infection can occur if the coral is nipped by a fish or otherwise traumatized.

OP - any chance any foreign objects entered the system. A coin, paper clip, chemical,etc? Or even cleaning done near the tank?

A foreign object would affect everything equally in terms of coral though. It wouldn't pick just the LPS.

RIP Sebastian

I know there aren't any foreign objects in the tank. I've checked. I always clean around the tank with vinegar.

Besides all the other possibilities mentioned...have you added any new fishies or critters that could be annoying them? A lot of pickers love LPS.

The last thing I added was my RBTA- two months ago.

You didn't happen to see any brown jelly did you? LPS are susceptible to infection. The infection can occur if the coral is nipped by a fish or otherwise traumatized.

A foreign object would affect everything equally in terms of coral though. It wouldn't pick just the LPS.

No jelly here. I know the fish don't nip anything.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Archived