Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PhosGuard recharge

devaji108

I thought I found a link to how to recharge phosGuard...now I cant seam to fine it.

should of booked market it. oh well so here I am asking.

I thought it was pretty easy like soaking in bleach or something like that. I did not read it just a quick look.

so I will be needing it here in at some point.

cheers

I've only ever heard of recharging purigen via bleach (some reports of peroxide working, too). Can't do anything to phosguard that I know of

JavaJacketOC

Search GFO recharge, I think I remember reading abou that process. I also think i remember reading that it probably wasn't work the effort :)

Careful - Phosguard is aluminum based and may not be compatible with the method for granular ferric oxide media. Plus, sodium hydroxide 'reacts violently with aluminum' according to the advanced aquarist article..

hmmm maybe I was thinking of purigen...chemical filtration is very new to me. this is my 1st attempt.

more of a bio and mechanical reefer my self but thought I would give it a try for my GHA prob. from over feeding a fish that would not eat.

i'll have to go back and reread my thread so I understand why I went with phosguard over the others in the beginning ..at the time it did make since.

OK good to know I really cant recharge phosguard..kinda of a bummer. for some reason I thought you could.

Ok now I understand why I went with phosgaurd over purigen...as it binds Po4 where the later works with NO2, NO3 & ammonia.

that said I did think you could recharge the phosguard...

mystersyster

Dude phosguard is like 12 bucks on amazon. If you broke as hell (been there) pay me shipping and I'll send you an almost full container.

Archived