Pod Your Reef

Hello Again. Need Help with Stocking.

Snow_Phoenix

GunslingerGirl

ab9b77e3bd7445b4b2cf0abad665dfe2.png

Okay - here's how the rock looks like.

Lol, if I let a LFS decide for me, they'd shove my bags with 'Nemos' and 'Dorys' and be done with it. :lol:

I'll go with a list, but I'll see what they have available. After all, I'm in no rush to stock this tank. B)

That's what I'm saying! Lol You're smart enough to choose. You got this. B)

Also dig the rock scape.

Snow_Phoenix

Not going with live rock? That piece looks too perfect to be live rock :>

Lol, I knew you'd catch me. It's some sort of artificial dry rock - quite pricey, but I liked the shape. I do have some real dry rock but it can't fit in the sump so I'm thinking of breaking it into smaller pieces, stuff it in a net and push it into the sump. :D

Lol, I knew you'd catch me. It's some sort of artificial dry rock - quite pricey, but I liked the shape. I do have some real dry rock but it can't fit in the sump so I'm thinking of breaking it into smaller pieces, stuff it in a net and push it into the sump. :D

lol ya it looks dense so you prob want something in the sump. It's nice looking for artificial rock, the only real negative I can see is it doesn't have holes/cervices like live rock so hiding spots for fish are limited.

Snow_Phoenix

lol ya it looks dense so you prob want something in the sump. It's nice looking for artificial rock, the only real negative I can see is it doesn't have holes/cervices like live rock so hiding spots for fish are limited.

Yes, the LFS told me it isn't as porous as live rock - there are holes, but very, very few and are not visible in the pic - but it is quite heavy. I'll definitely throw in the smashed dry rock in the sump. Maybe even sneak some under the skimmer or even above the filter floss. Thanks for the suggestions, Tam.

Yes, the LFS told me it isn't as porous as live rock - there are holes, but very, very few and are not visible in the pic - but it is quite heavy. I'll definitely throw in the smashed dry rock in the sump. Maybe even sneak some under the skimmer or even above the filter floss. Thanks for the suggestions, Tam.

Just put it somewhere you can keep it clean :) It might be totally fine without too since you have sand. I would rather have a clean sump with dense rock than a dirty sump with live rock. I guess just work your way through it and your tank will tell you :D

My cold water runs sort of similar, I have media in the back because the rock I use is basically stones.

Snow_Phoenix

Just put it somewhere you can keep it clean :) It might be totally fine without too since you have sand. I would rather have a clean sump with dense rock than a dirty sump with live rock. I guess just work your way through it and your tank will tell you :D

My cold water runs sort of similar, I have media in the back because the rock I use is basically stones.

Noted on all accounts. My sump space is a bit limited though - the skimmer alone took up one compartment, the floss + carbon + PO4 remover one and the stock pump one. I was actually hoping that I could somehow put some Chaeto somewhere, but looks like I'll just get some fancy macro and stick it in the display instead.

Snow_Phoenix

Dear everyone - especially Seabass, you were right. The Bicolor blenny was a jerk. He ripped off one of my Pistol's legs (the smaller, front claw (not the snapper)) and I suspect he's the main reason why my Hi-Fin died since he tried to nip/harass the second Hi-Fin I got today. He's going to be returned to the store.

P.S. I'll be picking out a small combtooth blenny like a Pictus, Two Spot, Linear or TSB. If the waiting queue is too long, then I'll opt for a YCG in the place of a blenny.

Archived