Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coralife Biocube 29 and Aquafuge 2 question...

Puckmarin

I have a Biocube 29 with a upgraded Maxijet 1200 pump. I'm thinking about adding a medium-sized Aquafuge 2 but I don't have room behind my aquarium. I also can't remove the hood (girlfriend's orders and nice StevesLED upgrade kit installed).

I was thinking about installing the Aquafuge 2 on the left side of the tank (as seen facing tank) with the intake pulling out of chamber 3 of the biocube and returning into the main body of the tank. I should be able to use a dremel to cut notches out of the top for the Aquafuge.

Thoughts?

Second question... Could I disconnect the Mixijet 1200 from the tank's return and have it feed into the Aquafuge, again having the Aquafuge's return pour into the main tank? I don't see a reason why not but I need some expert advice. I have 2 powerheads and a Gyre so water circulation isn't an issue.

Third question...

Anyone put their Tunze 9001 in the Aquafuge? If so, how did it work out? I find the Tunze to be very difficult to control in chamber 2 of the Biocube.

I think you should just stick to one pump in the third chamber. However, I don't see an issue with it supplying the HOB fuge (and not the return nozzle).

Archived